Setting option for Do/Don't have Air Conditioning.

I'm a newbie so apologies if this has been covered before... I can't spot anything recent.

The most recent updates to the Tado app seem to have been focusing on Air Con funtionality.

I appreciate the this is useful for many customers but like the majority of UK users I din't have (or need) air conditioning. The recent updates have resulted in my hearing a lot of of annoying and entirely pointless notifications about from the Air Quality 'skill'... (Hate that expression btw - it's a function!)

The app needs the ability to choose to turn off these notificatoins. Better still would be a setting that allows users to say if they do or don't actually have air con so that irrelevent funtions would be disabled automatically.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed! AC features and alerts are pointless in most domestic UK installations, so there should be a way to disable that side of Tado.

• andreig1978andreig1978 ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Air comfort skill (if this is what you are referring to) has nothing to do with AC. It is just a feature that uses information on the internal humidity levels vs external air quality (obtained from somewhere? 😃) in order to assist you with improving the air quality in your home.

It basically is an indicator on when you should ventilate your home (aka the air is too humid and there are not so many pollutants outside).