Boiler metrics, exact running time

Hi

As a Tado user I would like to know exactly how long my boiler has been actively heating. I want to know the boiler running time not how long the radiator thermostats were open. In particular in my system I have a hot water tank. The graphs only show with a big red band how long the hot water was scheduled to be on. But if the tank was hot already and it was scheduled to heat for an hour the boiler would have only come on for 30 minutes for example. I want a way to differentiate between running time and scheduled time.

This may be on your roadmap already as I noticed an item for boiler metrics.

Thanks
12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I think this is a great idea and, on a related note, it would also be useful if there was an icon in the app to show when the boiler is running.

• jcwackyjcwacky ✭✭✭

Nice idea. But unfortunatly I don't think this would be possible to do reliably. For most hot water tanks, it's the hot water tank thermostat which overrides the "on" signal from Tado to stop heating when it's at temperature. So there is no way for Tado to know for sure if the boiler is running, despite it asking for it to be.

• I think this would be really useful. It would be nice to see if a specific room is triggering more boiler time than others, maybe a room I don't use so often needs a curtain upgrade or something.

• Even if it didn't show how long the boiler was actually running (as it doesn't really know), it would be great to show how long heat was called for.

• I’ve been in direct contact with Tado in the past about this. I have a Combi boiler so the hot water side isn’t necessarily a big issue but it would be nice to see a cumulative graph of when there was actual DFH over a 24hr period for the whole house. Whilst the current individual graphs use shades of grey to show demand they’re not as obvious as colour coding would be.

Again, although the tiles do indicated demand using ‘heating to’ and ‘Set to’, etc an icon to immediately show active demand per tile would be more intuitive.

Wilf