How to de-register, or un-register a unit that hasn't fully installed ??

Options

I've bought a second hand additional Smart Thermostat. When trying to install it, it registered OK with my system, but when I tried to pair it to the bridge, the thermostat would not go into pairing mode. Instead of the two little 'chain links' moving back and forward which happens when the unit attempts to pair, the two little 'chain links' just came on and stayed solid - i.e. not moving, and the unit wouldn't pair to my bridge. I have tried several times, resetting both the thermostat and my bridge, but always with the same result. I have 12 other thermostats (both radiator and wall thermostats) already successfully attached to my bridge and all are working well - so the problem is with this new second hand thermostat I have purchased. I am in the process of returning the 'faulty' unit to the seller however I would like to "un-register" or "de-register" it from my system before doing do.

The problem is that as the installation remains incomplete (and cannot be completed) the system will not allow me to un-register/de-register the unit and advises I should complete the installation.

Can anyone advise ?

Thanks

Answers

• dadij
    Options

There is an "Unfinished installation" tile on the front page of the Tado app.

1) Tap "VIEW DEVICES". A list of devices is displayed.

2) Select the device (under the "Unfinished installation" heading). A page with the selected device is displayed.

3) Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.

4) Select "Remove device from home" from the menu.

• cor
    Options
    Dadij, thank you for your response. However when I do as you suggested (which I had already tried several times), the “unfinished installation” device also says “No Remote Access” (whereas all my other devices say ‘connected’) and when I tap the three dots in the top right hand corner, the only option I get is “Help Center” which leads me to the Help Center page, but does not give me an option to remove the device. I assume this is because the app doesn’t have remote access to the device, which is in turn is because the initial installation attempt faltered (due to a fault with the unit) and the installation cannot now (no matter how many times I try) be completed. It seems this ‘limbo’ situation means I can neither complete the installation nor remove the partially installed unit??
  • MadMaru
    Options
    Same issue I’m having with an extension kit, it says it’s installed correctly but remains in the tab as not fully installed despite following the instructions. Please provide an update ASAP as now my system won’t fire up the boiler and house is cold.
  • Karbot
    Options

Same issue too - extension kit says connected but installation incomplete . Brand new system and the boiler won’t fire ! Plumber had to leave tonight frustrated as impossible to contact anyone?

• cor
    Options

Hi - I’ve found a solution to my original issue of the new thermostat not pairing with the bridge.

Pressing the button in the thermostat for three seconds is supposed to begin the pairing process, but my thermostat just showed the two little chain links in a static position, rather than moving back and forward, as they should do during the pairing process. The ‘fix’ is:

Press😁 the button for three seconds. When the static chain links appear, release the button and immediately press it again for another three seconds. The two static chain links will disappear and another picture will appear, as well as up and down arrows. Use the arrows to select the picture that has a small square arrow on it. Select this by pressing the main button again and the thermostat will begin pairing properly. It worked for me an allowed me to pair what I had thought was a faulty thermostat. 😁

• Old_nick
    Options

Thank you Cor - that fixed the pairing issue for me also!

Just need to figure out how to remove my old bridge from the device list? Did you ever resolve that bit?

• cor
    Options
    Sorry old nick. Removing a bridge from the device list is not something I have had to do.