Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

additional timer to control when to start a command or setting

From time to time I go away to places where there is no internet connection. In winter the house temperature falls to 7 degrees or less. When I return I may only pick up an internet connection an hour or two before I get home and so the house is still quite cold. What would be useful would be a timer that I could set days or weeks in advance (like a video recorder) so that I could set the system to start & stop at a specified time. This would also allow me in advance to set the Tado to come on and go off when my cleaner or other service will be in the house during my absence and when I have no connection.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• From time to time I go away to places where there is no internet connection. In winter the house temperature falls to 10 degrees or less. When I return I may only pick up an internet connection an hour or two before I get home and so the house is still quite cold. What would be useful would be a timer that I could set days or weeks in advance (like a video recorder) so that I could set the system to start & stop at a specified time. This would also allow me in advance to set the Tado to come on and go off when my cleaner or other service will be in the house during my absence and when I have no connection.

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

@DavidHoffman I think the long thread on Manual Control of home and away may well cover your points. Tado have said this is on the way but no timeframe yet.