Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Introduce feature that increases thermostate target temperature when any radiator is below target

In my current setup the thermostate is basically just used to ensure hot water is supplied to the radiators when they need it. The easiest way to do so would be to set the thermostate at an absurdly high temperature (say 30). But that would be a waste of energy. Currently I set the thermostate at 23 and the room it’s located in at 21 which more or less ensures hot water will be available in the other rooms when target temperature is below current temperature, but on the one hand this recipe is not waterproof and on the other it still results in waste. Technically this seems easy to implement. I realise that including it in the user interface in a foolproof way is challenging.
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

@MGTW Why don't you ask support to change the mode so that all tado devices can call for heat? Or have I misunderstood your post?

• Thanks for your advice. I will give it a try. The guy who installed the Tado said this was not possible, but I get the impression that the system is more able than he knows.