Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Free Day (day at home)

Other programmable thermostats have a ‘free day’, where if you are home for a day you would normally be working, an alternate schedule is followed. At the moment, I’m home every day and need to manually turn the thermostats back up after they turn off for the workday. So create a ‘Free Day’ option to switch to alternate smart schedule as needed, thanks!
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

@jazzy_jay Good suggestion but in the interim, have you used up all 3 of your schedule days options?

• Hello, I’m not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the fact that you can change smart schedule between different day blocks or choose to program each day individually? I’m not sure how that would help.
  • samdsamd ✭✭✭

@jazzy_jay Hi - that's why I said 'in the interim'. In this current situation you could put all your devices on a different setting (schedule days - select smart schedule and half way down select mon-sun etc) to suit your 'new' arrangements.

• I suppose, but I have a detailed daily schedule which I don’t want to lose or change. My old non-smart programmable thermostat had this feature so I hope Tado can implement.
  • If I change my schedule days from individual days to Mon-Sun, do my individual day schedules remain saved?
  • samdsamd ✭✭✭

@jazzy_jay Indeed they do - you can have 3 sets but, of course, you have to select 1 of the 3 for each tado device which makes your suggestion a good one. But for holidays at home etc the 3 sets are useful.

• Thanks, seems to work ok. Would be nice to have one button rather than changing 6 devices though