Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Returning Home From Holiday/Weekend Breaks - specific features needed

Currently Tado switches everything off fine when away on holiday, but does not do anything about pre-heating the house or hot water when returning from a holiday (even a couple of days) - when the temperature of the house may have dropped a lot and the hot water completely gone ☹️.

This is exacerbated by the geofencing that is all about being local to the house (and allows for local journeys/walks) which only triggers Home made when you are a few minutes away in a car...

I have also seen some similar comments/complaints around this, and think that there is something missing from the overall model at present - which could be handled in a number of ways...

I believe that the BASIC capability needed is a "return after holiday" setting that would warm the house up (if needed) from "frost protection" to a minimum temperature (defaulting to say 18C) and which would also start heating up the hot water.

This could then be triggered by specific events, such as a specific mode that sits with Auto/Home/Away (or on a Holiday tile) which would automatically revert to Auto mode as soon as someone arrives Home, a one-shot trigger date that could be used - and which should be easily visible to use in the app (maybe through the idea of a "Holiday" tile) and through events in IFTTT and other smart services which could then do even more complex scenarios.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hi @AndrewM,
    I understand what you are asking for.....but I suspect that Tado are likely to be unwilling /unable to achieve these changes, at least in an acceptable timescale....Tado seem to be notoriously 'slow' to activate 'substantial' technical upgrades.....unfortunately.
    Assuming that you have a mobile phone App.....then you can always 'turn on' your heating and hot water from your holiday location or on your journey home 🏡. That's what I have done in the past. I don't rely on the 'geofencing' mode....as far as I'm concerned it's just a sales gimmick.