Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Remote Tank and outdoor thermostat

Create a stored water tank thermostat to either replace a wired thermostat and control hot water temperature or just give readings for information. An outdoor thermostat would also be useful for real time actual temperature and climate settings.
8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• JakosaurJakosaur ✭✭✭

+1 on the Outdoor Thermostat idea to get outside temp .etc from literally outside your house rather than somewhere nearby!

• The original firmware had that feature, it would display the ACTUAL temp in the tank. Of course via the digital eBus connection with my Vaillant bojler. But some other things were messed up so they updated my firmware, and from then on, I lost the water temp info, and also lost the ability to set the temp in 0,1 degree increments.

I mean, WTF?!?!?

I did write to them, and they jus said ok we removed the big(ger) problem, so the other features are not that important...

• Chapstar37Chapstar37 ✭✭✭
    They will get left behind.
    Having a remote contact stat that can turn the boiler on and off in a scheduled period or maintain a temperature would be easy. Its basically a trv without the valve adjuster and with a higher temperature scale. It can be powered directly as a normal tank stat or battery for a wireless system.

It wouldn't need to be expensive. But would tie everything together