Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

'home working skill' to heat just the office when nobody else in house

Scenario:

With working from home being more common I need heating focused heating in the office and no other rooms whilr it is just me in the house.

The other accounts I.E. The kids/wife need heat to the other rooms when they get home and in the evening (out of work hours)

Solution idea:

- allow setting a 'home-working skill' in which you specify the 'office' and the people who work there and which hours to use it before returning to full house 'home' mode for evening etc.

- For each geofencing account have a checklist of rooms in which heating is turned on for that user when home. I.e. Only those devices are set to home mode.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @CrogUk,
    Can this not be achieved using the 3 types of schedules ?? 🤔
  • CrogUkCrogUk
    edited January 12

@GrayDav4276 you mean Auto, Home, Away? If so then no as that applies to the whole house for all occupants.

This is a per-user + per-room feature/skill ;)

In an ideal world the radiators would know your proximity to them and then on accordingly... However that would not be possible yet. Instead being able to have the office heated when I am present in the house between 9-5 is not possible without tweaking manually each time as other occupants can easily be present so needs some per-user geofencing options or specific skill.

• Hi @CrogUk,
    I personally think that you are asking for something that is just not achievable on this current Tado platform......the current Geofencing function that Tado provides does not work they way that people expect it too......and what you desire is a 'multi facetted' upgrade to a function that Tado is 'unable' to operate successfully.

I agree that what you would like from Tado is indeed a great idea......but it's just not going to happen.
  • @GrayDav4276 i have owned the tado system for years and they have already implemented a few suggestions. As a software developer I have full understanding of this additional feature, its actually a minor refractor in the application software to extend to separate device account settings. Essentially, you should discuss the feature and not the technical aspects in any forum as it is for the tado development team to guage the work involved. Cheers.

• GrayDav4276GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    Hi @CrogUk,
    Apologies...... I was just expressing my personal opinion.

I have also replied to your post in another Community category.
  • @GrayDav4276 The current Geofencing function that Tado provides works exactly the way I expect it to.

• Hi everyone,

Apologies if I have misinterpreted the comments made by other Community Members regarding the functionality of some/many Tado features.

I will ensure that I do not respond in the future with anything that people may perceive as an inherent bias.

Just to clarify:

I like my Tado products (10 SRT's / 1 Wireless Thermostat / Extension Kit / Bridge) I have 4 of my SRT's set as "INDEPENDENT" and I also use 2 x dumb TRV's in my set up......which works very well.......So I am actually a 'fan' of the Tado system.

I will apply a personal filter when reading & before responding to posts made by other Community Members to ensure that I do not cause other members to feel unhappy/annoyed by my comments.

So.....to lighten the mood somewhat......"I'll get me coat" (Fast Show) 🙃

• samdsamd ✭✭✭

@GrayDav4276 Well I for one would not wish you to curtail in any way your truly excellent contribution here. We all were allocated toes in order for someone to step on them!!

• just have smart SRVs in all rooms ( which you will need anyway ) then you can just heat the "office" without heating the rest of the house by setting to away then just set the office temp to what you want. Or just create a routine that does that "Alexa just me working"

• Hi @phil_tann,

I think you may be correct.....yes I like Alexa too ✔️😎