CARE & PROTECT is not "Reporting Fault"

GrayDav4276
GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
While I was just browsing in my App, I saw one of my Tado Rooms (using Wireless Smart Thermostat) change to "No Remote Access" for approximately 5 mins....... However Care & Protect showed that Everything was OK....this is very wrong.
Can someone please tell me what level of "Fault" is required to get a response from the Tado Care & Protect function......'cos I'm stumped 🤔😩😖

Comments

• Hey everybody,

It's just happened again with the same Room/device....... with the same " Care & Protect " (non existent) response.
  • @GrayDav4276 I suggest you contact Tado support and report it to them.

• Hi @what_a_tado ,

Appreciate your advice.....but I'm currently in contact with Tado Support regarding a couple of issues.

1. Extension Kit LED changing from "Breathing " to permanently " ON "

2. Wireless Smart Thermostat is either a) Overheating the room.....or b) not getting up to set temperature but is " calling for heat " as a high demand (3 wavy lines).

I have taken screenshots which show all these conditions......but Tado " don't think " it's a hardware issue.

So I'm currently applying a " reset routine " to the 'suspect/misbehaving' devices, and I have also ordered some new batteries .......even though no " low battery " indications are being indicated by my system.

I will update as and when I get any further with this.....cheers.

• sdmaino
    sdmaino ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@GrayDav4276 As far as I understood this feature, it should give feedback on the functionality of the boiler itself, not of the Tado system.

e.g. if a room is calling for heat and after a while there isn't any change in the room temperature, you should get an alarm.

This might be useful when you are away.

Cheers,

Davide

• Hi @sdmaino,,
    In the last 6 months I have had 4 occasions where my boiler has shut itself down.....never had a notification from "Care & Protect" once......I don't understand how this functionality is supposed to work tbh
  • I've had similar experience with this. Boiler shuts down due to fault for several hours, rooms clearly not heating up as normal and no notification from Care & Protect
  • OK, thanks for feedback, my assumptions were wrong.

So, the question remains: what's Care&Protect trying to detect ?

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

"what's Care&Protect trying to detect ?"

It tries to find out how much extra you are prepared to pay for some undefined extra feature....

• Oh @Rob2........that's a really cynical comment 🤣😎......but I think you may well be absolutely spot on 😝👍
  • I have the same problem. My boiler had shut down so even if tado tried to heat up the rooms the temp was falling. however care & protect reported everything to be OK

• Hello,

I have same problem and tado° support answers this :

Our team is currently collecting data regarding the trigger for the incident detection and is working on a more accurate algorithm to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Your case has been documented and will be taken into account for further development of the function.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Patrick.

• Hey guys,

Don't hold your breathe for a (relatively) quick "fix" for this.......

• Care & Protect is a joke,

I've had several problems with the boiler,

1) My boiler had shut down because the water pressure was too low;

2) We were on vacation, a short circuit in the pump, the fuse had gone out, so no more bus connection, so there was no heating in the rooms for several days;

3) The app showed that hot water was switched on, but the thermostat didn't send the command, it only worked again after a restart.

As always, Care & Protect did not detect a fault.

• @Albert_64

Unfortunately this is just one of quite a few tado° features that......either don't work as advertised......or simply don't work at all.

I've had tado° installed for approx 2 years......and I've never, ever, ever had a "Care @ Protect" fault notification.