Support multiple schedule configurations such as spring, summer, autumn, winter, etc.

It is very common to want different sets of heating parameters for different occasions. A typical example might be a different set for summer versus winter. Or for when guests are staying versus not.

It would be great if the Tado system supported the ability for user's to create multiple named configurations and switch between then as required.

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DLuckcockDLuckcock
    edited May 15

An excellent idea for the home ChrisJ.

In a similar vein I have to change the settings each week for multiple time slots and zones using Tado to control the heating in the church rooms that are occupied by different groups. If we could create pre-programmed weeks 1, 2, 3 & 4 it would make life a lot easier. Regards

• This is something I would really like to see as my building turns off heating during summer, so I just want to turn off all my radiators from a specific date as there is no reason for them to adjust themselves during this period.
  • I agree this would be really helpful!
  • Now this is a good suggestion.

• Agreed. We need multiple schedules, with each schedule being able to include specific zones, and be able to manually or automatically switch among schedules as we wish.

For example, I have two homes, 100km apart, in different climate zones, and I spend weeks at one, then weeks at the other. This means that whichever house I'm not in may get quite cold. Particularly the one in the mountains may require more than a day to come up to comfortable temperature as the inner wall surfaces get very cold.

For that, I need to be able to remotely switch from "Away" to as-if-I-were-there-so-that-it's-comfortably-warm-when-I-arrive, something for which geofencing is useless, as it needs to start heating hours or days before I even set off for that house.