Tado TRV firmware will not update.....

Just one TRV is stuck on 54.xx,
All other TRV’s are on 70.xxxx
Tried taking batteries out overnight, reconnect, remove TRV from house and re-add, 4 weeks later no difference... ‘forced’ firmware update via HomeKit but nothing happens....
Can Tado for d the update direct?? Driving me nuts that just this one TRV goes in 0.1 Deg steps, all the others in whole degree steps....
Comments?

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    You have a Tado SRT (TRV) that adjusts in 0.1 degree steps....are you sure ?? 🤔......is it an SRT or is it a Smart Thermostat (square wall mounted).......
  • Just one SRT, but only In the app and there isn’t an option to change it......all
    The others go up in whole numbers as does the temp feedback except one SRT as it also reports temp in 0.1 steps....
  • Firmware is 54.20 which is probably the issue but it simply will not update (and yes I’ve tried all the suggested fixes), can tado please force the update ??
  • Firmware is 54.20 which is probably the issue but it simply will not update (and yes I’ve tried all the suggested fixes), can tado please force the update ??
  • Ok so someone did something as all
    Zones now go up and down in whole numbers as does the temp feedback... App update??? Still doesn’t fix the firmware version of just one SRT, why???
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Grahammg,
    Still not sure what your saying tbh...
    Currently there are no Tado SRT'S that can be adjusted by 0.1 degrees only the Wired/Wireless Smart Thermostats and the Wireless Temperature Sensors (both are wall mounted)........?? 🤔
  • I had the same problem with some SRVs not updating. I contacted the support team by email and the update was quickly pushed across. They had to do individual pushes for each non updating SRV however . . .
  • Hi all.
    To be clear, the iOS tado app allowed just one SRT to be adjusted in 0.1 DegC steps. This is the same SRT that refuses to update firmware beyond 54.20. Of course the display on the actual SRT is in whole numbers......
    Sounds like a bug to me!
    About 3 hours after the initial query the app updated and now all SRT’s on the app are adjusted in whole numbers so one bit sorted. Now to contact Tado and see if they can force an update... just why we cannot do this simply ourselves I don’t get but hey ho.....
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Grahammg,
    Please feel free to shoot me down but I "think" that you are confusing your IOS functionality with the actual operation of the Tado device (SRT)

I "think" that you are seeing the 0.1 degree change setting of your Homekit.....I use Android and Alexa and the "Tado" scene in Alexa also shows the ability to alter the SRT by 0.1 degree.......which it simply can't do because.....the Tado SRT is only adjustable by full degrees.
    So it's not a "bug" it's your misunderstanding of how it actually works.
    As I said earlier.....feel free to disagree with me.....but this is what I "think" the issue is. I'm just trying to help you to rationalise your perception of the problem.
  • Nope, the TADO APP allowed me to adjust just one SRT in 0.1 DegC steps all the others in whole numbers, as there is NO setting to set this in the TADO APP it is/was a BUG..... hope that makes it clear. I can’t believe I was the only one to see this but then I have been doing this for years.... Firmware update issue aside, clearly someone fixed it as the TADO APP now controls all SRT’s in whole number steps regardless of the SRT firmware.. nothing whatsoever to do with HomeKit....
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    @Grahammg,
    So sorry if I have wasted your time regarding this issue.... Just tried to assist you.....
  • No problem at all but I really wasn’t dreaming, been like that for ages (more than a year) and interestingly
    Stopped the day I asked the question. The bug went when the app updated to the latest with the ‘all
    Rooms off’ quick buttons etc.
    Go figure but surely I can’t be the only one to have seen that issue??
    As for firmware,
    I await tado support to get back to me.