Low Battery Notification received....

GrayDav4276
GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in General Questions & Topics
I don't know if Tado have done some "background" activity on the heavily reported lack of Low Battery notifications (specifically on the SRT's)...........I have just received my first ever Low Battery Notification on one of my SRT's.....this "should" prove to be very helpful, and hopefully "eliminate" the dreaded fault condition of the SRT staying either Open or Closed at an inappropriate time.
Anyone else had a recent Low Battery Notification.....?? 🤔

Best Answer

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @GrayDav4276 I believe this came with the rechargeable battery firmware update for the VA02 radiator thermostats.

See here where @Jurian discusses the firmware update and talks about a new detection algorithm: https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/22833/#Comment_22833

It's a shame it can't be fixed for other devices. I had to change the batteries in my smart thermostat just last night after the display showed a low battery warning, but the app still said all was good.

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I've had a few more "Low Battery" emails from tado since my first post in this thread.....some correct and some incorrect.
    I also recollect a few comments in other similar posts where people have indicated that their device was "stuck" in its last scheduled condition when their device stopped working because the device battery was too low to operate the device motor.(For example "Fully Open")

Today I received another "Low Battery" email for one of my SRT's and the email details the "correct action" of a device with a "Low Battery" condition.....

" Dear Customer,

We wanted to let you know that the batteries in your Smart Radiator Thermostat VA******** in the room Living Room are low.
    Your thermostat needs two fresh AA alkaline batteries (LR6) or two Panasonic Eneloop AA 1900 mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries. Don’t worry if you can’t change the batteries immediately. When your Smart Radiator Thermostat does not have enough charge to function, it will automatically close the radiator’s valve and the heating will remain off until you replace the batteries. "

So does anyone recall that their system has been left fully open as opposed to being closed as tado are indicating.
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Looks like low battery info is now available via push (iOS)

• Hooray..... Now even more people are able to get the "false low battery " indications from tado°
  • Just received another email from tado° informing me that 1 of my SRT's needs new batteries..........

However in settings > rooms & devices the SRT's battery indicator shows as "GOOD"........there is obviously more than 1 criterea that tado° uses to activate these 2 areas of Battery Condition........this is not "joined up" tech.

• I've no problem getting low battery notifications or the energy report, but I don't get the Away or Home mode reminders. I had been using IFTTT applets to do this, but they're looking for a sub now to edit or modify, and only two applets allowed. It's useful to confirm that the heating has resumed before you get home, sometimes due to poor mobile signal the geolocation fails to switch back.
  • For me, this has become a "moot point" because I have removed all 10 of my SRT's as a precursor to completely removing my whole system......if anyone is interested in helping me to get rid of my current (fully working) tado° devices....drop me a DM.