Smart AC thermostat automatically change mode once user defined threshold is exceeded

I think it would be a good option to automatically switch mode when the schedule is active and the temperature exceeds a user defined limit

The idea is that I would set a threshold in degrees at which if the temperature exceeded my desired temperature in the schedule by more than the threshold then the mode would switch automatically i.e. if the smart schedule was in active status and :

1. if the desired temperature in the schedule was 23 degrees and the threshold was 2 degrees then if the current mode was cooling and the temperature dropped to 21 degrees then the ac would automatically switch mode to heating
  2. if the desired temperature in the schedule was 23 degrees and the threshold was 2 degrees then if the current mode was heating and the temperature rose to 25 degrees then the smart ac would automatically switch mode to cooling
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jacoscarjacoscar
    edited June 27
    I agree; there are times when you just want cooling in the summer and heating in winter; but sometimes it would just be useful to define a range, for example: keep the temperature between 18 and 26 degrees, good for erratic climates like the british one

That would save on the bill as well