App logs me out regularly since upgrade to v3+

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the v3+ app (last few days) and keep getting logged out of the app and each time it asks me to re-identify what my device is. Never happened on the old app - anyone else had experience of this? I'm running a Huawei p30 Pro on android.

Thanks

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@DAMcFarlane Hello. Yep has happened to me 3 times in last couple of days but had assumed that it was cos of beta that I am running. Support have asked me to permit them to take analytics and they are looking at that.

• Thanks. I'll flag it up with them then if they're looking into it
  • Mine is doing the same Mate10 pro.
  • Ludo
    Ludo
    edited March 2020
    Started to happen to me too since Friday.
    I still need to log in almost every single time I open the app...
    I have a Xiaomi MI8 and running the beta one too.
  • I'm the same on a Samsung S8. Every day since Friday also...

I've also got one of my radiator stats is showing no remote access. No issues with my internet, and the stat with the issue is in the bedroom directly above the router/bridge 🤔

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

I have reverted to non-beta - no problems since

• Bump. Same here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and every time I open the App I have to log in again :-(

• Hi all,

Are we sure that you are not just "claiming" a mobile device name that is also used by someone else on the account?

Every app user should have its own device name.

What happens when you log in and create a new device, instead of claiming back the old device name ?

• I had and have this problem with my Samsung S10 and S21. I reclaimed my device, which I saved in Tado, every time, if I remember correctly. I contacted Tado support and they honestly want to explain to me that since I have several devices I need several user accounts/e-mail addresses for each device. I am asking myself if they do know their product and the app workflow 🤯

• This still doesnt work on my Huawei Honor 10.
    There has not been a day, since I started with this app, where I did not need to login, re-claim my phone, accept or not the geo-fencing, before I reach the headpanels.
    So ignoring!
    We have 2 persons using the same username and mail on 2 different phones.
    My wife keeps being loged in. My does not.
  • I don't see why you can't use multiple users/e-mail addresses. That's just the way it works. Go to setting, people and invite your wife with her own e-mail.
  • eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭

I also get logged out of the app, but only every few days or weeks, seldom daily. I am the only registered user in the household and have Tado installed on two Android devices (phone and tablet) and a Windows laptop, each with unique names.

When I log back in it is rather tiresome to be met, yet again, with new user tips and various settings reset in the app. It is also irritating to be taken to my browser in order to log in. Why? Why doesn't the app handle (and remember permanently) my login details?

• We have the same issue with two different up-to-date Xiaomi Phones and an iPhone 13. From day one of using the app. No beta app in use.

• @Lea perhaps you've done this already but just to be sure. You need to use 3 unique email addresses, one for each user/device. If a user accidentally claims the wrong login credential it will log out the other device from the app.

• Coming home to a cold house isnt nice. Obviously if not logged in the geofencing does not operate. Not sure the system even runs at low temp detect.
    Experiencing the same issue since just before Christmas.
    Works fine having logged in but frequently finding I have to log in. Sometimes daily.
    We are 2 users with 2 different emails.
    I do claim my own device when logging in.
  • I have been experiencing the same issue since a few weeks.

I do use the tado app on my phone and also use the web interface through my PC. It would be very annoying to need to have two different logins for this.

• Hmm... it worked OK for two whole weeks, using the tado app on my android phone and using the web interface on my Windows PC. Only one user, only one mobile device and I still get logged out.

Just this morning I used the app on the phone and almost one hour later, when I tried to use the app again, I had to login again.

Please, please, please Tado - change this so we don't have to login each time.

As it is, at this moment I do not recommend Tado for new installations