No heating coming on is there a manual override of Tado?

I did ask Tado help centre about using an Extender unit. They provided me with the details and linked the Extender to my account. I then decided not to go ahead with its fitting because it wasn't a case of remove the thermostat and put on the Extender and required much more work than I expected.

However the Tado team unlinked the Smart Thermostat and I had heating on all the time coming back to a house at 27 degrees Celsius!!

The only way I could stop the boiler from running was to switch it off at the boiler and turn it on for a time to give me heating before turning off again.

I hadn't realised Tado were changing something with the controls and contacted my installer for my new central heating boiler thinking it was a problem with the boiler. He believed it may be something to do with the Thermostat set up and asked me to contact Tado.

It took Tado 2 days to come back and advise they hadn't relinked the Smart Thermostat as the main controller properly and had now done so. All seemed good with that this morning because when I turned the boiler on it wasn't firing as the heating was now off as it should be when I am not at home. Returning this evening the heating is not coming on so I have Emailed Tado help resolve this. I hope it doesn't take 2 days for Tado to reply or as its the weekend to not reply until Monday!!

Is there a manual override I can use to get my heating on now if it is going to take Tado time to reply?

I am less than impressed with Tado customer service as a result. There doesn't seem to be a way of contacting a human being and speaking with them to resolve. Its all done on Email which I dislike if there is a 2 day lag between sending the Email to getting as reply. They also need to have their help centre teams working 24/7 so they can help resolve issues quickly.

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Malcolm_Gordon You said: ll seemed good with that this morning because when I turned the boiler on it wasn't firing as the heating was now off as it should be when I am not at home. You need to have the boiler 'on' at all times.

• Tado have now hopefully sorted things for me. it was the set up of the smart controller.