No remote access

Geoff
Geoff ✭✭✭
Hey folks,

I've come home a few times now to all tado systems showing the 'no remote access' error and a cold house.

It seems that if there's a connection interruption, the system isn't smart enough to try to reconnect afterwards.

Does anyone know if the upgraded app has had this fixed? If so I might be tempted to pay for it.

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff ✭✭✭
    There have been 3 days out of the last week where we've seen no remote access. I'm going to replace the bridge and see if that helps at all. I have a spare as I got one with my extension kit as well as a two-pack of radiator thermostats. Will update the thread.
  • Hi @Geoff

I would recommend you contact support as well so that this can be looked at - it might be a simple fix such as moving the bridge, or something more complicated, but either way, they'll help shed light on it.

Best regards,

Frank

• Geoff
    Geoff ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Frank - I have raised a support ticket. The second bridge also displayed the same behaviour.
  • I experienced 'no remote access' on all devices for a full day when I was on holiday last week. It reconnected itself eventually.
    It happened again through the night last night, waking up to a cold house is not ideal! The bridge cloud light was blinking so a quick power reset fixed it but surely the bridge should be able to power cycle itself if there's no connection after say 5 minutes.
  • Geoff
    Geoff ✭✭✭
    After replacing my router this doesn't happen any more. We really need the bridge to be smart enough to reconnect when the internet comes back up :-)