How do I synchronise 3 devices?

Options

I have two tado radiator valves and a tado thermostat all in the one room. How do I synchronise them so that the thermostat measures the room temp and controls the valves?

Best Answer

Answers

• Bradams
    Options

Further to my initial post above, perhaps I should add that the 3 devices are installed and online; the problem is that it is the app which won’t let me change anything.

I am wondering if it is the fact that I typed in different names during setup (although I changed them all to the same name afterwards - though that doesn’t seem to have made any difference).

Any ideas, anyone?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Bradams Using the app, go into Settings and then Rooms and select the room in question. Just over half way down you will see MEASURING DEVICE where you can then select the thermostat.

• Bradams
    Options

Thanks for replying, but, as I said, the app isn’t working that way.

In settings and Rooms, I am getting “Lounge” three times - once against each device. Click on any in turn and there is no option to select MEASURING DEVICE.

My suspicion (which you have maybe confirmed) is that the app is treating the three ‘Lounges’ as still being different Rooms, such that synchronisation is not appropriate. When setting up, I gave the three devices separate names, mistaking identification for location. The setup app was poor in not explaining that. I subsequently renamed them all as “Lounge” but the app does not appear to have recognised them as being one and the same.

I am not sure how to resolve this, but have raised the problem with Tado Support.

• Bradams
    Options

Well THAT was interesting!

This morning, I randomly selected one of the TVRs and changed the room name, as you suggested; then I did the same to the second TRV. So far, so good - the app grouped the two TVRs together. But the app wouldn't let me then change the roomstat (the final device), so I went back and renamed both TVRs with the original 'Lounge' name (same as the roomstat - the app gave me it as a selection choice), and BINGO! - all three devices grouped themselves under the one name, both in Settings and (for the first time) in the Home display - one coloured square replacing the previous three. When I then went in to set the measuring device, that was already allocated to the roomstat.

The schedule for the group was as previously set, which (unfortunately) has the heating system off all day, but I'll look forward to adjusting the temp tonight to see how it affects the radiators. It looks like my tinkering with the room name was indeed the problem, but now there was a way to fix it.

Incidentally, I had put the app on both my phone and my tablet, so that I could read the forum and play with the app at the same time. The tablet still had the old (wrong) setup after several minutes, so I deleted it so as not to confuse the devices. Worth remembering that.

I'll try to post an update tonight or tomorrow morning (UK time), but in the meantime, many thanks indeed for your interest and help.

Tapadh leat gu mor. 🙂

• Bradams
    Options

ps: For anyone else reading this topic, clicking on the 'Yes' box has moved the 'answer' up to second place in the dialogue. I wish I hadn't done that as it confuses the flow of the conversation.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Bradams Tapadh leat gu mor - I had to google it!! Glad you got there and good feed back for others.

• Bradams
    Options

An update - the system does in fact work properly now. Setting up the one Schedule on the app and/or adjusting the target temperature on the Smart Thermostat DOES invoke the appropriate on/off action in both Smart Radiator Thermostats simultaneously.

Job done!