Always show temperature on Tado ac

Have an option to set Tado ac to always show the current room temperature on display.
66 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• eMa
    eMa ✭✭✭

Please , add this features ;)

• Yes, please. Add display always on feature and possibly include this toggle in the smart plan schedule.

You could choose in a particular section of plan whether the display should be on (daytime schedule) or off (nightime schedule).
  • ... or the preset temperature. The display really goes to waste most of the time. Unless it has a limited lifespan, I don't get why it should be turned off most of the time. Show some animations when I am meddling in the Tado or Home app as well... It's a relatively well-made device. Make the most of it!

• Please add a feature to show the current temperature on the display.

• Yes, I really miss this right now in comparison to my old thermostat. This will prevents me to pick up the phone many times a day since I want to know the temperature but I am to lazy to walk up to the screen and push the button..
  • I agree, please add this feature as soon as possible! Thanks in advance for the quick response.
  • mvmaastricht
    edited January 2020
    Yes please! I just replaced my ancient Honeywell analog thermostat, and it was better in showing the current temperature, than the Tado thermostat...
    Please... add a toggle in the settings of the Tado app to show the current temperature!
    If possible, just a dim display would already be nice. I understand it would drain the batteries. If that’s the case, maybe using only a few leds would be possible. I.e.: indicating that the set temperature is reached.
  • janistado
    janistado
    edited January 2020

+1 Please add it also for smart thermostat (with an option to toogle it on/off). The current white box feels kind of useless design element otherwise.

• +1 Dont even mind reduced battery life.

• +1, I was so disappointed when I first got the product that this feature wasn’t in place.
  • +1, it would be nice feature.

• +100, as soon as possible :)

• agree - seems to be an obvious need for wall mounted thermostat

• Can someone please implement this feature? It is really a nice device, but now it goes to waste. My old iSense was showing the temperature and time constantly. I somehow expect the tado to at least be able to do the same.

• +1

we need this feature as soon as possible

• Is there already an option to activate always on display?

I was very disappointed, after installing the Tado. Honeywell and Nest thermostats looks much better.
  • +1 - I was looking for this option myself as well & was disappointed to see it's not there. As others added:

-could be set automaticall on/off eg. in line with the day / night temperature settings

-a dim light could be used to reduce battery consumption.

@TADO ADMINS, please comment. thank you!

• Please enable this option

• Osanchezr
    Osanchezr
    edited November 2020
    Hi all! I have just installed my new V3+ and I can’t believe that you can’t see the actual temperature on the screen... You only see the temperature if you manually press the screen..😡
    Please enable the option to always show the current room temperature on display.
    Could you at least give us a feedback?
    Thank you
  • It’s ridiculous that we even have to ask for it. As others have said, at least give some feedback on the matter.
  • Please add this feature!

It is annoying to have to go to the thermostat and press the button in order to see the temperature.

• Oh. You mean an always on option is nor even a feature. I just ran across this topic for help on it. Defenately a +1000 then. Also want to know in what mode the heater is. (Say on or off)
  • Yes, please. Do it :)
  • Why it is not showing wht we choose all the time, temperature for example. it is so ridiculous that we have to ask for it. İt should not be that difficult to make it
  • Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason why the display is not always on:

1. The display uses quite some power, it would result in the temperature measurement of the tado Smart AC Control not being accurate since the device would heat up enough to increase the measured temperature. (also common in some of our always ON display competitors if you read their negative reviews)
    2. The LED's are not designed for 24/7 ON operation, and they might fail after some years.

I hope this gives some insights as to why this feature might not come for this hardware generation.

• Thanks @Jurian for the feedback,

Would it not be a option to compensate for the temperature if you know it's heating up.? I am not sure if this can be done by the software controller but putting the LED's in a low power mode could help as well for temperature and heat. Regarding the 24/7 led usage i can image they will last not so long but we would talk hear many many years.. Most TADO users are smart home people and will not use the system for more then 5 years anyway. Or they move out, or it's time for upgrades..

Please take that in consideration. We all really miss not being able to see what the temperature is. Making it optional with a warning and risk would be acceptable for a lot of people.

Regards,

Chris

• +1

I believe that this should be an option, which can be switched on/off and the display is needed just when the system is in "Home" mode.

• Please leave it to the users to decide if they want to have the continuous display or not and don't decide for us.