Smart AC Control v3 and AC w. heating

tdGeorge
tdGeorge
edited June 2022 in General Questions & Topics
Hi, we have a Tado to control our central heating. Works great.
Now we’re getting an AC unit installed that can cool and heat, although cooling is what we’re getting it for I’m wondering how that works with the Tado we have.

Will Tado use the heating as well? I.e. adjust desired room-temp ‘up’ for the AC unit?

Should the AC unit be in cool/heat mode or should heating be disabled?

And if we get a second AC unit for another room, we would need another Smart AC Control as well, right?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] | Moderator

Hello @tdGeorge,

Thank you for your questions.

You will have to be careful to program the same time blocks to avoid that the two devices conflict, or you can remove the heating function on the tado° Smart AC Control. 

Also, if you equip another room with an air conditioner, you will indeed need to purchase another Smart AC Control. 

We remain at your disposal,

Your tado° team

• I am looking for the same answer and came across this but don't see how the response answers the question, i.e. there is no definitive "yes" in there. I will soon be in the same position of having an air-to-air air-source heat pump that heats as well as cools. Will it be able to tell the unit to heat and cool and how would that work on the smart schedule? This is obviously technically quite complicated as you might want to set the temperature for cooling in the summer at, say, 24°C, but the temperature for heating at other times of the year at 21°C.

I already have confirmation that the unit I intend to purchase is compatible with the wireless AC sensor.

Thanks in advance.

• I have an AC unit on the first floor and did stop the radiator heating for now but will install a temp sensor and thermostatic heads soon.

I would also like to understand more how this can coexit.

What i would like is:

• To schedule AC when there is sun or when my solar panel production is on
    • To schedule regular radiator heating when solar panels are not producin or there is not sun (standard set temp i.e. 19)
    • To heat when temp is bellow a level (i.e. 19)
    • To cool when temp is above a level (i.e. 30)