More Settings options for AC

Current AC v3 owner... satisfied with the overall experience. As others have said, display could be showing lots more. Controls could be a little easier/more intuitive and Humidity could be visible to the Home app as a tile. Ideally, the device could be receiving the "dumb" remote signals to update its status as well.

But the most important thing to me would be to be able to adjust various other settings of my AC unit. Namely the blades "Swing" to control the direction of airflow. For example, when I turn on my unit through its remote, it is set to a particular direction with its blades immobilised, so that the airflow isn't directed towards the sofa just underneath/below it. When I use the app/tado AC control, the AC is reprogrammed automatically to swing its blades, thus annoying the people seated below (and even risking a wry neck after a while). We should be able to AT LEAST preset a setting in the app to immobilise the airflow/blades with every directive/signal the tado device sends.

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I totally agree. I got my Tado today for my Toshiba Seiya, and I was surprised that it's missing eco, silent, and high power modes. Also, having only three fan speeds instead of five and you can't control swing or anything like that. Maybe I had too high hopes for this, but I thought that I could manage way more settings through this app.
  • I would also like an update for more settings on the toshiba ac, now as the currently version of the toshiba app won't be working from July 14 this year, I will be forced to use the remote for setting to high power mode.

• The Eco mode is a must have, especially how much Tado focusses on energy savings in their marketing. And silent mode would be very nice to have for a lot of people (although I do not use it). Seeing that the Tado Smart AC has an IR receiver it should be easy to add the ability to “learn” a few commands from the original remote.

And in homekit it should be possible to adjust fanspeed by using the workaround Mysa uses for their device.

• Everytime tado changes temp on my Toshiba it disables Pure air filter, which should always stay on if selected from remote. Also you should be able to keep hi power mode on if selected, it's also disabled via tado temp change. Its essential here in winter.

So I would recommend to change the behaviour of tado to just adjust only the temp (and fan speed if changed) via infrared, not send other defaulting commads at same time! Also would help to keep fan adjustment on place. App is barely usable in this current form and I rather use remote timers instead which is sad.