Set up issues about to lead to nervous breakdown

My smart thermostat is connected to the bridge and they are connected to the Internet. However the extension kit will not connect to the rest of the system. The electrician and the plumber who have been working on renovating the house insist its wired properly but it appears dead.

They are ready to quit the project citing the lack of any decent installation instructions, so I have no heating. I'm going to give this till tomorrow lunchtime by which time I'm going to throw the whole lot in the bin and go out and buy a system that actually works and has any kind of set-up instructions. Does anyone have any ideas? Failing that I wanted a system that was Apple Home kit compatible, does anyone know of a non-tado system that is Apple compatible?

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@dogsayswoof Not good to hear. When you said about setup instructions, can I ask if you contacted support to get the wiring and connection diagrams for your specific installation?

• Yes I did, but the reply from Tado never arrived. The plumber and electrician have jumped ship each saying the other is responsible. I've been trying to find a heating engineer that has some knowledge of the Tado system but no such animal exists - not in Cheshire at any rate.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@dogsayswoof I seriously think you ought to try again with Support. My installation guide was quite a few pages and clear with the instructions. It is possible someone from Support sees this but better to try again I suggest.

• Hi, Ive got two very offhand emails from Tado this morning, which basically sad "screw you, you're on your own - its all your fault."

However, I did finally get the service manual off them so now 'm trying to find an engineer anywhere in Cheshire who will sort it out for me. So far I've only found a guy in Manchester who is willing to come out next week, but that's going to add £100's to my bill.

• So I found a heating engineer who was prepared to look at it, and he came out this afternoon. He spent three hours on the system and he at least got the three elements of the system powered up and talking to each other. However when the thermostat registers the temperature is low, the boiler receives no start signal so the boiler does not kick in. He's at a loss to explain why it's not working. As I previously said, my instinct is to ditch the entire system and buy something else, but given that our sunk costs in this system are now in excess of £300 my wife is reluctant to do that.

If anyone has any ideas on how to proceed I would be very grateful. The boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 24i, btw.