Control all rooms

Options
Hello,

New to this TADO, but its exciting.. 😉

Question: Isnt it possible to control ALL rooms at once instead of controlling them individually?

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

You could do some of that with what's currently available? If, for example, you had two bedrooms facing south and two facing north, you could have new rooms called North and South and put the 2 lots of 2 into the appropriate new room.

• I've been toying with scrapping the 4 bedrooms I have setup currently and just creating one room called Upstairs so I don't have to manage the schedules on each one individually. Before I do that though I want to know how various things would work.

1. Would each valve use it's local temp and work independently, or would it average the temp at all valves and then open/close them all together until the average hit the target?
    2. Open window detection, would this kick in if any of the TRV's detected an open window and shut them all off?

• Yep the detail of control and algorithm seems to be unnecessary obscure or hard to find. I have same and similar questions although tado watching has become a new pastime. :)
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

@speedyyellow

1. You would have to select 1 of the SRT's as the "measuring device" this SRT would control the demand for heat.

2. No..........As above..........