Home Suggestions, Ideas and Improvements

Support more than 10 rooms and 25 devices

Please can you add support for more than 25 devices and only 10 rooms, with a 5 bedroom house, with ensuites with a number of downstairs rooms, 25 devices is not enough when you want radiator TRVs and smart thermostats in each room. also limiting the total rooms to 10 does not work in this environment either.

Please, please can you resolve this, especially now you have added more devices, we can't buy more devices if you limit the software to only 25 devices.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• +1

I'm trying to set up 12 rooms, which means that 2 rooms won't call the system to fire. :-(

• +1

It's not that unusual to have more than 10 rooms in a house. This seems like an arbitrary and unreasonably low limit. Please fix this in a firmware upgrade.

• I strongly support this change. I have 12 rooms with Thermostats and can not use all of them to call for heat.

• I agree. This is a big problem for me. I’m having to use standard thermostatic valves on radiators above the limit. And I only have a normal 4 bedroom house in England!
  • +1

Let us buy more of your stuff. Seems like a pretty easy decision.

If that's too much for a single gateway, having a few of them also allows us to buy more of your stuff.

• I have 15 rooms, 16 devices.. I just contacted tech support to get them to put the serials into the rooms themselves, but the limit of 10 seems arbitrary and the 25 device limit seems madness to. (I could understand maybe 25 per gateway/bridge module though just for bandwidth).

Try adding all the devices in one go. That was one long afternoon.

• I stand corrected. They can create the rooms but they don't contribute to the heating control, i.e. if theyre cold, theyre cold, it takes one of the 10 zones to need heating before then sparking the boiler up..

• +1

This is massively disappointing. I've just invested a lot of money in expanding my Tado set up to include 8 underfloor heating zones, plus I have 7 rooms with radiator stats.

My electrician was surprised when we hit the 10 stat limit, so I'm now facing having to change the whole system and selling all the stats at a loss.

I've seen this has been requested for quite some time.

• @CWatts: That is exactly the solution I am looking for. Can you please comment on how to implement it? I haven't found any option in the application and technical service is slow (to say the least). Many thanks!

• I just recently bought tado and saw the 25 device limit so thought we would be ok. Apparently not as we've hit this other 10 room limit. Is this just an arbitrary limit in software or is there an actual hardware limitation on the thermostats?

The app says to contact support but i've heard nothing for the last week which is annoying as they took only a day to reply to my sales enquiry.

• +1

Response back from support is that the 10 room limitation is there so the whole system can work correctly... I'm not sure why that's the case tbh.

I can understand in a very large property that the limitation of having a single bridge becomes an issue but my house is not that large! I'm now forced to choose which rooms to combine and lose the ability to make local changes to the temperature or risk additional rooms (10+) not heating up because they can't ask for heat.

Honestly, this feels like a software/firmware issue that could be trivially fixed unless it's a hardware limitation of the design of the boiler controller? 10 is an odd number for a hardware constraint though so my guess is that it's an arbitrary software design decision. Either way, I would be happy to upgrade a piece of hardware if it meant the otherwise pretty good system worked as intended.

• Also, why is this suggestion not 'Active'? Presumably this is why it can't be up-voted?

• I can understand that people with very large properties may run into problems regarding the 'limits' on devices and rooms. I live in a 3 bedroom house with a family bathroom - dining room - utility room - conservatory - kitchen.......so it's not a 'small' property.
    I have 10 Smart Rad Thermostats and 1 Smart wall mounted Thermostat. I have utilised the SMART wall mounted Stat as my 'House' (room)......I decided to have my 'House' (room) as the area of 'normal use' ie...where we live/use normally (as a family). So I have included the two hallway radiators / kitchen radiator / and 1 living room radiator into this 'House' room....so this 'Room/Zone' is controlled by the Smart wall Thermostat. The additional radiator in the living room is controlled by a Smart Radiator Stat.
    All the other rooms are individually controlled by a Smart Radiator Stat. This system works really well and I am very happy with this setup.