Underfloor heating

Hi,

About to install wet underfloor heating in a new extension and put engineered wooden boards on top.

Have kitted out my house with Tado throughout so would obviously want the u/f heating also to be controlled via Tado.

Tado says this can be done by creating a new zone with a zone valve and having that controlled by a new smart thermostat.

Spec on the engineered wooden flooring specifies a max. surface temp of 27 degrees C.

Given that Tado smart thermostat doesn't support external temp probes, how do you ensure that the surface temp doesn't exceed 27 degrees C?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Without an external sensor, you can't.

I have Tado throughout my house but the conservatory is controlled by a Warmup 4ie. I have electric underfloor but it can control zone valves and has both air and floor temp
  • I have setup the tado in the wet room, you need to add a thermostat probe into the flooring when installing. This probe controls the temperature and negates the thermostat within the tado.
  • My manifold is limiting my temperature so I’ve just got it operating on a tado room stat