Downloading my own data from Tado?

Options

Hi,

I have not found an option to download my data for further analysis. I love the room graphs in the app, but I need to have the data in a more advanced application to do further analysis and optimization.

Anyone knows how to do this?

I believe that under GDPR, I can do a request to deliver me all my accumulated data, but that would obviously not be a very practical approach, doing that monthly for example. I'm sure Tado must have a smarter way to do this.🙂

Answers

• Cavester
    Options
    Good luck with that GDPR request.

There is however a something on GitHub which will get you this data for that last year via the Tado unsupported API. On my to-do list.
  • Nasnl
    Options

Hi @Cavester

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of the Tado API and the solutions possible with that. Thanks for the tip! I scavenged github a bit and there's many goodies, but unfortunately beyond my knowledge level, so I hope that either someone picks up on that or that Tado creates something user friendly.

• SVL
    Options

There is a request on the suggestions forum: https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/2133/data-export#latest

• I don't believe that the room temperature and device activity data is applicable under GDPR. Can you be personally identified by the device information? Your account data - your name, address, email address etc is personally identifiable but my understanding is that the device data is not.

Make sure you're aware of the scope of legislation before you use it :)

• Providing a CSV download function, as many other systems do (I've just bought some Govee temp/RH sensors for example), would be easy for Tado. I can only guess they have a plan one day to provide this within yet another paid-for add-on service. Please could someone from Tado respond to one of the many threads on this subject and put us all out of our misery?

• Nasnl
    Options

Yeah, I'm also curious to know if there would be any progress on this. Especially now with LLM's, you could do cool things with the data if you could download it.

Tado?

• For those not comfortable trying the API route, I have just received a download of data from Tado support. I put a message on their support form just asking for it in some useable format, without citing GDPR, and about a week later got a ZIP file containing a CSV file per zone that included everything you can get from the API and some more. Eg, where API has 'call for heat' = LOW/MED/HIGH, the file had heating.power on a scale 0-100. It also included a JSON file that had loads of data for my account and hardware setup - when each device was added etc.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    And what do you intend to do with this data.....what is the expected end product ??