Master control over all tado valves

Options
Hi do i control all the tado valves at ojce rather than individually? Introduce this if there isnt anything.

Comments

• P33dubs
    Options
    https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/4367/target-temperature#latest
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    If you ensure that all your Smart Rad Stats are linked into 1 Room then they will all operate together....but will all be set to the same temperature. You will have to decide which one is the 'control' Stat.
    I must ask.....why would you want them all to operate together?? 🤔
  • gazzrenn
    Options
    To turn them all off at the same time maybe?

The scheduling interface is so absolutely dreadful that if you want to control all at once for an unexpected reason that’s your only option.

Is it not?
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi gazzrenn,

Why do you think it's a problem to set the "off" times in the scheduling of each device, I agree that it may seem a little bit tedious......but really does not take more than a few minutes to do my whole house setup of 9 rooms.

I have some rooms set to turn off at different times.......'cos I'm/we're not in all the rooms at the same time.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi all,

I forgot to mention that I also control the 'rooms' via Alexa.

I also have set up a 'routine' in Alexa to "Turn off heating"...... This routine does "exactly what it says on the tin" .....to use a Ronseal quote. I also have a routine to turn the heating back on again.

• @gazzrenn to turn them off all at once could you just not just set yourself to away mode manually?

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    @NoobAtWork,
    The 'away' mode may not necessarily be set to 'off'.....it could be set to any temp that you think appropriate for your house setup.
  • If you have different people in differrnt rooms you can have a master controller to control all valves in the home. This still hasnt been introduced. Surely this is simple to do?
  • gazzrenn
    Options
    @GrayDav4276 yes it’s technically possible to do that in the scheduling section but that’s not what it’s for. Manual full system override should be separate to scheduling, if it was part of scheduling, you’d be able to schedule all rooms (of which I have 11) at the same time.
  • gazzrenn
    Options
    @NoobAtWork possibly yes, but I’d have to set my wife to away also, which again is technically possible but it’s not the right answer. As Gray said, away doesn’t mean off anyway.