The Big Idea Archive

Comments

• Hi I think it would be nice to see graph report same as on mobile app

• Amazon has just had a massive, heavily promoted, sale of Tado items at less than half price and have probably sold many thousands of kits.

Background: Amazon Prime day was originally at the start of summer so Tado may not have been expecting to sell so much kit. With Prime day being postponed to the start of winter, and lockdown meaning many people are working from home, demand looks to have been been skyhigh.

All these new buyers (including me!) have been installing this gear and hammering Tado support. AND it's the start of winter and many existing Tado users are also contacting Tado for support. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tado are experiencing a 300% increase in support workload.

I suggest Tado put up a banner on their website / app celebrating all the new entrants, and letting people know support is struggling to keep up. Success should be celebrated! But please communicate how it's impacting Tado.

• I think tado is great but it’s missing a boost function, sometimes it would be nice to press boost and each thermostat I’ve chose in the function to go to say 21 degrees for an hour, or a time I can set.
    There is too much messing around to set each one individually and then to have to set them back. It could be part of home and away so there’s a home, away and a boost sections.
  • Could there another smart schedule added to each room.

The reason for this is vacations, the kids are now at home due to holidays from school and that means either manually changing the desired temperature for each room or changing the schedule having to change it back only a few days later.

Changing the schedule for the holidays periods would not be so bad if I could copy and paste schedules.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@armsinit By no means the full answer to your issue but there are 3 schedules available for each device viz Mon-Sun, Mon-Fri Sat Sun, All 7 days. You could allocate one of these to holidays

• HI there,

Could we please have an opportunity to print instructions or can there be a Wiki where useful information, tips and advice could be held - with the ability to create a hard copy?

Having to go through the internet each time to review instructions is a chore. I am having issues with our heating system and trying to answer question from plumber is not easy.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Thompa What is stopping you printing them off now please? I still have mine in paper form.

• When you go through the installation process teh instructions appear on the phone, particular to the devices you have. I can go through the device installation process again on my phone or on the

website - but cannot print the pages...

• Thanks @samd. For the moment I am changing the temperatures manually for the TRV. However when it comes to Christmas I'll have to change the schedules as it's longer holidays for the kids.

Even saving and loading a schedule would be great. For that I imagine they'd need some of the functionallity of the copy and paste first.

• Having a range of Tado/consumer-suggested smart schedules would make set-up much easier across many rooms and might help us identify smarter ways of heating our rooms.
  • Hello,

long time not visiting this forum. I must say I'm a bit concerned with the fact that I see many people complaining about poor support and long turn around times. I don't need any support at the moment, but I'm a bit worried about when I might.

• Hello,

what if I want to raise or decrease the temperature of my home 1 deg? please don't tell me that the only way to deal with this is by tampering with each all the TRV in each and every room, which of course represents that I will end up with multiple manual schedules going on...

• In the monthly energy saving report, could there be a quick analysis and comparison to previous years. I know you can view previous years, but you have to go back and forth to see any comparison.

Could there be a side-by-side view, or click a tab to get more in depth analysis?
  • IOS 14 support the use of widgets on the home screen. It would be great to be able to view room temperatures etc. at a glance on you phone, without having to open the app.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207122

• 8 deg C heating function (5-12 deg C) is mandatory in the northern region

• I totally agree. I desperately miss the same function to control my Panasonic Nordic Heatpump

..... Tado please help ud get this up and run

• I’m generally not comfortable with apps recording my precise location at every move when I’m out of the house, but I would be fine with tado recognizing when I’m not at home because my phone disconnected from the WiFi. It would be great if this option was offered - trigger away mode when phone is no longer connected to home WiFi, trigger home mode when it’s back on. I have now tried to “trick” tado into doing this by setting share location to “only once” and adding my home WiFi, but no clue if this will work.
  • Folosesc din aplicatia TADO doar Internet Bridge si Smart Thermostat. Sunt foarte multumit!!! Vreau sa stiu daca gasesc si un senzor extern de temperatura de la TADO ?

• Can you please add the room temp graph to the browser as well as the app. It would be better to be able to see the graph on a bigger screen.

Thanks

• And could you merge graph of all day

Don't split them at midnight

Having a whole graph should be better

• Hi Luke,

I might have not fully understood your comment.....'cos every house/household is unique....therefore everyone's automatic schedule is different. Surely the whole idea of making our/your heating system into a 'smart' system, is to allow each household to 'set' our individual/unique system to reflect our specific requirements.

I understand that a range of 'generic' schedules may appear to be helpful, but I suspect that everybody will ultimately 'adjust' these 'generic' settings anyway.

I'm absolutely sure that my system is scheduled very differently to very many other tado users.

I should point out that I am definitely a ' control freak'......and I actually enjoy 'tinkering' with my schedules.....😎

• Currently you can’t ask Alexa to change Fan speed of Air Conditioning. This feature should be added!

• Mart301
    Mart301
    edited November 2020
    New to this forum so apologies if this has been posted but two suggestions that to me are no brainers. 1) an indication of signal strength for each device in order to identify optimum location and 2) alerts if a device drops out via a notification rather than having to go into an app to realise. Reason I say this is that I’m having a lot of issues with one thermostat in my house.
  • Recently picked up some TRVs and my rooms are reaching target temperatures up to 2 hours early.

I contacted support and was told there's nothing they can do and that I should just turn early start off.

Can anybody confirm definitively that they've managed to get settings/parameters changed behind the scenes?

• Hello
    I am using the Tado v3+ AC with Daikin (remote ARC466A9) and I’d like to use the 3D fan mode but in Tado’s app I only have the vertical fan mode available
    Is it possible to have the horizontal and 3D fan too? Theses 2 mode are displayed on my remote screen
    Thanks for tour help
  • My airconditioning doesn't always switch on due to room elumination affecting signal from tado air conditioning thermostat.
    Could the signal be repeated if the temperature doesn't change inline with instructions from tado aircon thermostat.
    Remember the instruction could be to lower temperature or to raise temperature.
  • Please make the app work with iOS Night Mode and consider a more accessible colour palette. For those users with visual difficulties, the white background and bright yellow/orange tiles is difficult. iOS has a “Differentiate without Colour” option that has no effect in the tado app. but at least “Smart Invert” works...
  • Please can I request you display the current hot water temperature and history in the app, in the same way you display the room temperatures.

The main reason for requesting this is we have a hot water storage cylinder with temperature sensor, which feeds the temperature back into the controller. We only heat the water for a short duration on a morning which is normally sufficient for the day, however if we do use more hot water than usual, we only find out when we run out of hot water; not very good when you are half way through having a shower!

If you were able to display current boiler hot water and flow temperatures they would be useful, but for systems containing HW storage cylinders like ours, the cylinder temperature is an essential value to monitor the status of the system.

Many thanks.

• Hi guys, it would be great to have possibility to change temperature via thermostat manually by 0.5 degrees. Now it is just one full degree. Sometimes, it is good to use manual thermostat control instead of mobile app (e.g. during internet outage or when your kids want to heat up the room little bit and you dont want them to use mobile app etc.).

I think this feature will make tado thermostat more convenient product.

Thanks for your feedback.

Michal

• Cannot more agree. Very useful sometimes for everybody but for elder people is a must.
This discussion has been closed.