Tado radiator thermostat doesn’t calibrate

I have one tado radiator thermostat that won’t calibrate. It used to work and been fully functional for over a year. It also only briefly flashes ‘Hi’ for a fraction of a second, when prompted by the app. The brightness of the display is also very low. The batteries have been changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Similar problem after battery replacement :/
  • Did you get a response? I have the same issue..i dont think the motor in the thermostat is working
  • i did get a response from Tado via the support page, but it didn’t really help.

Eventually I managed to calibrate the unit, but when I manually ask for a temperature change, it doesn’t respond. I suspect you are right about the motor. I’ve only had it for 2 years, and the money saved on heating this room in the 2 years, will be spent on its replacement :(

• Same with some of my 6 Tado devices. I just changed battery in all 6 to Duracell ultra and only some of them do a real reset/calibration with the motor going all the way back and forth.

Very annoying to have this issue after 2 years of working very well.

• One of mine doing exactly the same. Batteries replaced, leave for 1 minute but absolutely no motor movement and pin retraction… to the point ,made earlier..you don’t save in the long run with Tado, now having to buy another thermostat… expensive when you have 11 of them…

• Any chance of getting a response. Now I have this challenge. The device is showing a wrench symbol and simply turning to heat up to full.
  • Okay found the answer, I had to use batteries of sufficient quality. (Duracell did the trick)
  • Didn't work for me. I just went out and bought a pack of Duracell Plus LR6. Very frustrating - three TRVs left with spanner symbol with no motor movement. TRVs have been working well for three years until now. Had this issue the odd time over past couple of years but I'm at a stalemate now. Tado please help.

• If they have a zone controller try setting them as independent and see if that forces a re-calibration.

The battery door is also poor. I found mine bent a bit so contact was poor so I had to bend it back. It should be a rigid door not some glorified tin foil.

• In case you haven't found it yet, here is a page which describes what the symbols mean.

Mine is a new installation and the installers don't want to know, but I have the same problem on three of my radiator thermostats. After a lot of tearing my hair out I tried the 'pairing' button and it started downloading a software update. Unfortunately the display doesn't show long enough for me to tell if it's finished or not, but it did spring to life again, so I thought I had fixed it. No such luck! Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to finish, but knowing what the symbols mean helps!

• Same issue, no motor movement and pin retraction; tried multiple new fresh battery ; always indicated low battery on both app and hardware. Tado turn off after few minutes .

• Just an update.

i removed the ‘faulty’ valve from my system, but didn’t throw it away. I kept it with the batteries removed. A year later I updated my heating system, and wondered if this valve would work. To my surprise, it did. It’s been fully functional since.