The Big Idea Archive

Comments

• @AndrewM lost my original user account and posts for some reason...

I gave up using the spreadsheet method as it did not do everything I wanted. Switched to using smartphone notifications. If you add the notification service as an action you can use this type of code in the filter. Used here to dump the historical data, but can be adapted to output any variable used in the code.

let TextMsg1 =

"Home Times: " +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[0].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[1].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[2].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[3].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[4].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

"Away Times: " +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[0].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[1].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[2].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[3].SwitchedAt + "\n" +

TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[4].SwitchedAt;

let TextMsg2 =

"Home Times: " +

new Date(TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[0].SwitchedAt).getTime() + ", " +

new Date(TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchesToHomeMode[1].SwitchedAt).getTime() + "\n" +

"Away Times: " +

new Date(TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[0].SwitchedAt).getTime() + ", " +

new Date(TadoHeating.historyOfTadoSwitchingToAwayMode[1].SwitchedAt).getTime();

// IfNotifications.sendNotification.setMessage(TextMsg1);

IfNotifications.sendNotification.setMessage(TextMsg2);

• This is actually a very nice idea. Currently I have to keep one radiator without a smart thermostat. With this solution I could buy one more device, driving Tado profits up.

• It would be nice to be able to assign away/home for specific users of a home to specific zones or radiator(s), e.g. if I'm at home it's not necessary to heat the childrens rooms but if one of the children is at home their specific room would heat up besides the living room etc. This would reduce heating costs even more.

• Not the same and IFTTT now charge. Other brands do this and easier to use
  • I was amazed to find out that a manual override of the temperature on the wall thermostat results in a permanent override, in stead of a temporary override until the next schedule trigger pops up.

In my case, I adjusted the temp manually at 15h to 21 degrees and while the schedule was set to turn everything off at 22h, it stays at 21 degrees until I remember to turn it off. Not a saving feature this. The app has some options to do this, but nothing relates to the wall mounted thermostat. So please introduce a default setting that overrides only work until the next schedule trigger.
  • I was amazed to find out that a manual override of the temperature on the wall thermostat results in a permanent override, in stead of a temporary override until the next schedule trigger pops up.

In my case, I adjusted the temp manually at 15h to 21 degrees and while the schedule was set to turn everything off at 22h, it stays at 21 degrees until I remember to turn it off. Not a saving feature this. The app has some options to do this, but nothing relates to the wall mounted thermostat. So please introduce a default setting that overrides only work until the next schedule trigger.
  • 1. Suggest moving the link to the graph view to the top right of the homepage. Not sure why it’s only accessible from the heating control page when it shows hot water and other data as well.
    2. The heating tile could show the 3 bars on the homepage, there’s plenty of space and it’s useful information.
    3. The relevant tiles could show the ‘until’ information on the tile when on, e.g ‘heating to 18.0°C until 19:00’
  • ChuckstarUK
    edited November 2020

• This seems like one of the simpler requests so.......hopefully they will

• My girlfriend is freaking out because the room name is below the temperature so it's easy to note a temperature but she would rather identify the room first.
    Also the text doesn't really stand out Anne she thinks the colouring should go from blue to red and not incorporate green...
    😁 Thanks
  • I have had very few problems with the product and set up but my experience with Tado customer support is that it is fast and superb

• You would think a simple option to one touch and have the hot water come on for a pre determined time would be an obvious feature

• Bought Tado for the geofencing and on the go adjustments to heating as the pandemic means we are now hybrid working between home and office. Geofencing works great, 2 adults and a teen are added to the app.

However, what I would like to see is some account permissions to be able to set (in my case) the teenagers account to geofence only, or geofence with a limited temperature range.

Currently everyone has the same level of control and its unnecessary for my teen to be able to toggle geofencing or open window detection.

Removing him from the app means when he gets home from school Tado could be in away mode still and if we leave him home whilst we go to the shop or something it also drops into away mode. Yes we can override it with manual home mode, but they defeats the point of having a geofence.
  • It will be nice when i opened some room to switch to another room easily. Not by closing the modal window and open another one but with sliding right and left.
  • Would it be possible to save user generated scenarios that store all the timings and temperatures. For example ‘Full house’ (all rooms follow heating plan), ‘Kids back from Uni’ (one or two more bedrooms follow heating plan) etc. Thanks
  • It seems a natural development to me. The Tado system is clearly aimed towards the broader aim of helping users to manage a healthy indoor environment, with humidity sensors, external weather monitoring, and air quality data. It doesn't take much to imagine Tado then being integrated with smart window actuators so that natural ventilation can the be controlled in a smart manner that compliments heating, humidity control, and clean air management.

I'd definitely expand my system if this was offered with the right integration features at a fair price point.

Anyone else?
  • Hi Knud and Lars
    Please consider heading over to thread linked below and help promote it as this thread is a double.
    https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/1796/smart-ac-control-10-c-setting#latest
    Apparently Tado needs some persuasion as its now been over a year without any action on their side. Quit disappointing to say the least.

Br,
    Anders
  • I already emailed Tado about this, but seems their service is the worst from all the smart companies I have used previously. Tado is focused on their looks but the functionality is EXTREMELY limited.

Please allow us to set which sensor will decide if a window is opened.

Reason: While using a TRV and a wireless temperature sensor, obviously the wireless sensor is used to control heating, as its further away from the radiator and gives more accurate readings. However the sensor would rarely detect open windows or needs 30 min before it realizes that. That's because its far away from the window.

If Tado allows us to choose which sensor detects window open regardless of which sensor is set to control the heating, then this problem will be somewhat resolved.

Note that the sensor window detection calibration is extremely dumb that when a door is opened it says "window open detected" This is why this request will improve the situation but not solve an issue.

Thanks

RH

• Yes please. I actually assumed this would be an existing feature when I installed... 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • jw0ng02
    jw0ng02
    edited November 2020
    The idea of being able to offset the TRV reading is good, but not working in practice.

When the radiator is off and cooled down, the reading of the room temperature is pretty accurate. When radiators are turned on, not at all. At the moment ALL 5 of the rooms that I have tado TRV installed DO NOT have an accurate reading ONLY when radiator is heating up!

In one extreme example, the room thermometer is showing 22°, but the radiator TRV is at 28° without offset! But when cooled down, the readings of them both matches closely!

Tado’s expensive solution could cost me extra *£60 PER ROOM* by putting in a “wireless temperature sensor” in every room that I am using the tado TRV!!

The offset currently in the setting is linear. That means even when the radiator is off and cooled down, the offset still applies.

MY IDEA is, to have an offset CURVE, instead of a CONSTANT single number, the user can set the response of the recorded number and offset differently depending on the reading.

For example, when reading is 18° (When I know that the radiator TRV’s reading is reliable coz it is off and cooled down), offset =0. And when reading = 24° (but in fact, the room is only 20°, coz the radiator heated up and biased the reading) the offset = -4°

This way, the TRV can be actually useful.
  • I asked tado support a year ago about this feature. They said they are working on it.

Wonder what the current status is?

• Hi @Martinp,
    Glad to help 😊
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hi R_H,
    I'm pretty sure that you are asking for a level of technicality that tado has not built into the "open window detected" function of their devices....the "smart thermostat" is only "detecting" a "fairly sudden" drop in measured temperature....no matter what actually causes it. So, for example, if you had a thermostat in your kitchen/utility room, and it was positioned near your fridge or freezer....then if your fridge/freezer door was left open for a few minutes, then it would (very likely) trigger the "open window detected" function.
    It's really no more than a "gimmicky" selling point.
  • Hello,

I thing it would be a good idea having the option to boost the hot water for a set time, for instance 15/30 mins. Sometimes i need some extra hot water on top of my normal routine and when it happen I aways forgot to turn it off.

• Would be great to have an option alongside the set temperature to determine how low you are happy for the temperature to drop before heating kicks in to get you back upto set temp.

During the night our room is set to 19 degrees, on a cold night it can be heating up numerous times as it doesnt take long to drop back below, but im happy for it to drop to say 17 before it kicks back in
  • Within tado wud be great... And an all on option too!
  • Just realised my subject doesnt make a lot of sense! Not sure how to edit so if anyone is able to point me in the right direction or do it for me please?

What I mean is being able to set the 'call for heat' trigger to be different than just dropping below the set temperature, but for this to be an optional setting so its only used at night for example

• GFu
    GFu
    edited November 2020

I would really love it, if there was a way to decrease the noise the radiator thermostats make when adjusting the heating levels. It sometimes even wakes me up in the night.

Maybe the firmware could be tweaked so that the motors inside the thermostats can be driven slower or something like that?

Cheers!

G

• I would suggest that the _improvement_ be a clearly defined service level from Tado toward Customer support requests.

For example, I think it’s not unreasonable to expect a response (from a human) to a service request within 24hrs, 7 days a week.

Many people are dependent on this product to heat their homes, wash their children, etc. and if it’s not working as expected, we need confidence Tado will respond.

What would it take to make that dream a reality, Tado?
This discussion has been closed.