Firmware Updates, and how too?

Can see in another thread that someone found an update button in the HomeKit section.

So us not using HomeKit can't FW update?

Updates might be controlled by Tado then? Any reason forgot updating the thermostats automatically?

btw. Tried a power off/on of the bridge to check if something was initiated, but apparently not.

Answers

• They will update themselves, why are you worrying about firmware updates?

• Germán
    Germán | Admin

As Steven mentioned, all devices gets updated automatically when there's any new release.

And yes, you shouldn't worry about firmware updates, if at any point you experience any issue with your systems please consult our support, and we'll detect if the issue is related at all with a firmware update (spoiler alert: in 99% of the cases it won't).

• MarkCarline
    edited July 2019
    I have to say I believe there should be a button in the app that allows you to to update any device to the latest firmware.

I have had numerous ongoing issues (communication and functionality with open window detect missing) which have been fixed on one of my device's either manually or automatically by a support ticket.

I'm now currently waiting for around 6 or 7 other devices to be "automatically" updated to that firmware I'm still waiting.

I keep emailing support with a list of the devices I need to get upgraded and they seem to be dragging their heels it's nearly been a week now.
  • I agree that there should be an option to manually initiate a firmware update.

Is there a firmware revision history somewhere?
  • It is not correct that they will update. I purchased some new devices and they have all different versions

• "I agree that there should be an option to manually initiate a firmware update."

There should also be an option to disable automatic firmware updates.

• Regarding auto update - not true, I have 4 TADO valves: only one has 54.20 firmware version, rest of valves has 49.3 firmware version almost for 2 or more years, and nothing gets auto updated. Need to admit, that this old 49.3 version does not have child lock and also shows wrong rechargeable battery levels...

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

The iOS 'Update Firmware' button will not perform an immediate auto update, it will check for an update and will try to update if available. You may still waif for the OTA update if tado° severs are busy.

@charlie35slr 'Disable automatic firmware update' - already requested for this, no feedback from tado°

• @Bristol, @msavazzi, it's likely the hardware versions of your thermostats is limiting the maximum version of firmware that can be supported (other manufacturers also do this e.g. Apple)

I purchased my TRVs just over two years ago and they are all on firmware 93.1 but if your devices are older that could be the issue

• So that is pretty spectacular..... Just checked, I have 8 termos on 54.20 and one on 93.1. I hope that does not mean my heating system is unsupported now! Like when apple announces that xyzy model 2016 is the oldest model that will be supported by a new MacOS. From Tado we just don't hear such announcements.

Only confirms me in that on next move I will not install Tado, and I will tear down the system here and setup standard termos!

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭

@davidlyall You are correct. These are the firmware versions you are looking for depending on hardware revision:

- VA02: 93.1 (present)

- VA01: 54.20