Schedule with Alexa

Hi, hoping someone will be able to help. :)

I’d like to be able to say ‘Alexa, turn the heating on at 6am tomorrow’ and for the heating to come on at, you guessed it, 6am. What happens when I say that is it comes on straight away.

Has any body been able to achieve something like this?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Hi @LostInNewYork,
    I am an Alexa fan(atic) and I have set up a few Alexa (voice activated) routines to work in conjunction with my Tado system.
    The best way to achieve what you require (heating on at 6am everyday) is to set up an Alexa 'routine' that is not actually 'voice activated'.
    If you go to 'routines' in the Alexa App and use the 'schedule' function you can then set the time that Alexa will switch on your heating to the temperature that you want. The advantage of this is that you can add all or as many of your TADO devices as you want.
    In response to your question....I have set up this Alexa routine in my Alexa App as a 'trial' and it includes 5 of my Tado rooms (I have 9 rooms) and I will respond here tomorrow at some point, to update you.
    I hope that this helps.
  • Hi again @LostInNewYork,
    **UPDATE**
    You'll be pleased to know that this worked perfectly.
    In reality it is just using an Alexa function to replicate a Tado schedule that can obviously be done within the Tado App....
    There is a 'maximum' timescale within the Alexa schedule of 4 hours, after which point your TADO system will revert back to 'schedule' settings again.
    So I'm not really sure what you're going to achieve with this.....maybe you can expand on your original thought process.
  • Hi @GrayDav4276

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The solutions a good one but, I think, doesn't quite achieve what I'm looking for. After following the steps in the Alexa I can see how you can trigger a schedule using Routine although it looks like the Routine is bound to a schedule (daily, specified days). What I was hoping to do was a one off, like when you say "Alexa, wake me up at 6am", she only does it once and not again unless you ask. Same with the heating, just looking for it happen the next day.

I may have missed something in your response so will have another place tonight.

Thanks again