Initial setup

calrod
calrod

Hi

If I install a Tado Horizontal Radiator Therermostat on each radiator will this control each room temperature via an extension kit without fitting a smart thermostat.

Can I link twin radiators in the same room

Many thanks

Calrod

Answers

• Germán
    Germán | Admin

Hello Calrod,

The Extension Kit is an add-on to the thermostat. You may or may not use it in your setup, but if you want your tado system to control the boiler, you need a Smart Thermostat for that.

Then yes, the Smart Radiator Thermostats would be the ones controlling the different rooms.

All devices in the same room are advised to be configured as part of the same room in our app setup, if you have more than one radiator, all those would be configured and controlled as just one zone.

Best,

Germán

• Hi German

Many thanks for the reply, can i check that the Thermostatic Radiator valves can demand the boiler to operate when each temperature is reached. for example if all rooms are above temperature and one room drops below that the Thermostatic Radiator Valves in that room would command the boiler to operate until that room reaches temperature.

Kind regards

Calrod

• @calrod

Yes that is the way it works. If any Smart TRV requires heat it sends a signal to the Smart Thermostat which in turn calls for heat. If you happened to have some radiators without TRVs they would also then heat up so you might need to consider whether to get more Smart TRVs.

It is not merely a matter of having one per room, if a room has multiple radiators then each radiator would benefit from having a smart TRV.

• Hi Jelockwood,

Many thanks for the clear response

The plan would be for all radiators to be fitted with Smart TRV's - would one Smart Thermostat receive a signal from all TRV's ?

Regards

Calrod

• Hello calrod,

Yes, it can receive the request from up to 10 linked zones.

You can have more zones, but those would need to be configured as not capable of demanding heating.

Best,

Germán