interference

Hi,

I want to use some extension sockets etc made bu ENERGENIE (.com). They use a hub.

Will there be any interference between their hub and the TADO one?

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm told by Energenie, that they use 433MHz.

Didn't realise that 868Mhz was a usable frequency.

• Hi, I’ve had lots of interference problems in my house as the frequency is similar to my wireless alarm system. I’ve also been in touch with Tado technical department regarding this. Never have Tado offered to change the frequency of the Tado network. Can this be done as I still have issues?
    The frequency of the alarm system is 868Mhz.
  • Hi cheffo75,

The frequency can't be changed, there are only parameters that can be altered to attempt to counter interference.

However, if you have other devices on 868MHz, then you might not get around ensuring that there is at least 2-3 meters between all devices on this frequency.

Best regards,

Frank

• Same here, I'm user of Ajax alarm system with uses 868Mhz frequency, in my case, all ajax sensors work fine unless far away sensor (2nd floor at one edge of my house). The sensor level goes from 2-3 strength lines to 1 or failing to connect.

But are frequencies, this cannot be changed...

• I am an AJAX system too, and before buying the TADO System, I would like to make sure I can change the frequency

• Ajax user here. Just been debugging my Tado and AJAX system this afternoon with my alarm engineer. The second I remove power to Tado thermostats, my AJAX equipment restores full connectivity.

868Mhz is the same frequency used by both AJAX and Tado.

Who do I request that my Tado frequency is changed to an alternative frequency?

• Email received from TADO support: 
    "The tado hardware components communicate via 868 MHz radio frequencies and use 6LoWPAN protocols 
    designed for mesh network types.
    Currently we can only change the radio frequency of the Internet Bridge to another frequency".
    You can change the frequency?

• After a brief conversation on Live Chat, Tado have updated the Channel used rather than the actual frequency. Instant improvement (not perfect), but enough to stop the AJAX system having a meltdown about other tech trying to interfere with its frequency.

• Thanks, for the information but could you give me the instructions, so I try to change the configuration too, as you did.

• Have this problem too and would appreciate instructions on changing channels