Why is my Smart Schedule not turning my heating on or off ?

My Smart Schedule is not turning my heating on or off. I can change the temperature manually on the App but the smart schedule will just not work.

Any ideas ?

Answers

• Has anybody else had any issues with this ?
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hi @Bemused

Have you checked your Tado bridge is still connected to the internet ??🤔

Your Schedule information is saved to the cloud/servers.......if no connection.....no schedules.

• It says there is a connection, but I assume if there is no connection then I wouldn't be able to change the temperature manually from my phone or would I ?
  • Looks like I may have sorted it. The bridge was connected to the internet but my phone wasn't paired to it. Now it's paired it seems to be working fine from the schedule 👍
    Thanks
  • Hi @Bemused
    Glad you got it sorted 👍
  • Hello - I have just had my Tado wireless receiver/thermostat installed today - I set up the smart schedule in the app this evening but it doesn’t appear to be registering it? Everything seems paired…. This thread seems most similar to my problem - how did you get it sorted?
  • I have not installed any TRVs yet…. This is literally just the wireless central heating the whole house at the mo…. (But I do have the TRVs ready to go - just was missing some valve I needed..)
  • Is there a way I and sync them up - or force the thermostat/receiver to ‘read’ my new schedule?
  • Can you turn the heating on from the thermostat? And is the wireless receiver showing that it’s connected?
  • Everything is saying connected/paired.

The thermostat is showing the schedule.

No idea how to do anything on the thermostat apart from see the temp and say I’ve closed a window

The boiler just turned on again and started heating. I’m sweltering! I’ve gone from no heating for 10 days to the tropics!
  • The boiler (ideal combo logic+ 30) had a built in wireless receiver. When installer said they had to leave that in to get the tado system to work. Is the boiler getting confused?
  • It basically seems to want to heat up 20 all the time
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    You should be able to turn the temperature up or down on the thermostat, what happens when you do? What lights are showing on the wireless receiver? Are all three lights on constantly on the bridge?

The wireless transmitter in the boiler shouldn’t have any effect - it should be set to always on if that’s possible.
  • Also have you linked the system to Alexa or HomeKit? There may be some automations there that are overriding your schedule.
  • No. Don’t use either
  • Yes can turn the temp up/down on the stat. It was off (as I had turned it off on the app) i turned up to higher than the room temp - boiler turned on.

2 lights on receiver (power and wifi connection?)

3 lights constantly on bridge
  • If the boiler is still coming on I would turn it off at the mains for the night, sounds like it might be an issue with your wiring in that case.
  • Wish I’d read that before going to bed - woke up as I was uncomfortably hot.
  • So get someone to come and look at the wiring
  • The tado wireless thermostat was installed to the ideal logic+ combi 30 boiler (2016 model) by my brother who is a trained plumber and has installed hive and nest systems on multiple occasions.

All the modules - thermostat, receiver, internet bridge and the app on my phone appear to talk to each other as if I turn the heating on the stat up above the current room temp the light comes on the receiver and the boiler comes on and I can see the change in the setting on my phone. Likewise I can do it similarly via my phone.

The app on my phone recognises when I am away and puts me in ‘away’ mode. However, the boiler comes on when it is below 20degrees regardless of the setting in the schedule/on the stat.

I have moved the location of the internet bridge which appeared to ‘fix’’ it and my boiler to recognise the schedule, however I then went to drop my boy to nursery came back and the house was boiling. Literally like living in the tropics.

Help/suggested gratefully recieved
  • @johnnyp78

No joy thus far - any suggestions?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    It sounds like a connection problem with the bridge. Is it definitely staying connected to the wireless receiver? Can you put it anywhere else?

Try contacting Tado support and ask if they can see anything abnormal from their end.

Can you take a photo of the wiring in the wireless receiver and boiler? You can post pics in the desktop version of the forum.
  • I have the same problem. Using the app I can turn my heating up and down, but the smart schedule has stopped doing anything. As soon as I turn it to smart schedule, my heating turns off. Not so smart!
  • banny
    banny
    edited February 2023
    I had the same problem. It was caused by my daughter's phone being with her (she doesn't live with us) and her being a 'user' in the app. I removed her and the schedule worked.