Newbie: If wired thermostat is off or low, will other TRVs work?

I’m very new to tado, and so far so good. I have a quick question about the system. So far we only have tado trvs and the wired thermostat. My boiler control is set to run always as it’s controlled to turn on and off by tado.

If my tado wired thermostat is set to frost protection (aka off) and a tado trv is then set to a higher temperature than it currently is, will the boiler start up? How about if the tado wired thermostat is set to 18 degrees, but the tado wired thermostat room is already at 20? Would a trv temperature change turn the boiler on?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@TadoJo tado system works in 2 basic modes:

1. Boiler controlling wall thermostat has to be calling for heat before any other tado device can get heat. OR
    2. Any tado device can call for heat regardless.

There is a way to do that yourself but as a new user perhaps better if you use the chat line at tado.com and ask them to change modes.

• Which would you recommend?

Also, if I pick this option

1. Boiler controlling wall thermostat has to be calling for heat before any other tado device can get heat.

If the room with the thermostat gets to temperature before any other room, and stops calling for heat, as it’s at the desired heat - will the other TRVs still get to temperature, or will they stop when the thermostat stops?

Thanks