How do I stop the thermostat from turning on when only using a radiator?

Options

Ok this might be really easy but I need a little bit of help, in my house I have central heating where warm water is being pumped in to my house by the City. I set up al the pipes so that all my radiator get hot water as soon as I open de radiator valve except for my floor heating, which has a zone-valve directly connected to my thermostat, which is in te living room where the floor heating is present.

So basically what I want is, when I open one of my radiator valves, I don't want my thermostat to do anything, because when I give one of my radiators the signal to heat them selfs. They can do that without the need of any other valves needing to be open. Because there is constant pressure from the heated city water but it won't flow unless there is a radiator that's turned on and with Tado I can keep them all off when I need them to be.

Now when I turn on the thermostat in the living room, I just want it to control the valve it is directly connected to so that it can turn on my floor heating and nothing else.

I know I can change the setting in my thermostat but what do I turn it to?

I've set it to a TS with heat control and extension kit turned on, I've set it to TS with both of those things turned off, do I even set it to TS (which I think stands for Temperature Sensor) or do I set it to HC? I'm at a loss and it's probably really easy but the problem is really specific to google and English is not my first language.

EDIT: The Thermostat, which is in the living room, is directly connected with 230v to a valve leading to the floor heating.

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should be able to make the change in the Tado app. Click on Settings->Rooms & Devices. Then select the room name (not the device name) and you will find the zone controller option at the bottom of the page.

Your wall thermostat should continue to operate the zone valve for the floor heating.

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

I am guessing that your Radiator Valves are linked to the living room thermostat which is acting as a Zone Controller. The radiators are requesting the wall thermostat to turn on because they think it will turn on the flow of hot water for the zone. You need to configure the Radiator Valves as Independent.

This help page gives more info. I believe your setup is equivalent to Example C.

Your wall thermostat should be set to TS when it is linked to an extension kit.

• Mman250
    edited January 2021
    Options

Ok so if I understand it correctly I need to change this through the webapp? I can't change it in the tado app or on the thermostat itself?

EDIT: does this allow the Thermostat to still control a zone controller? Cause it needs to open a valve in oder for the floor heating to work?

• Ok I finally got the chance to try it out, thank you so much for the help. It seems to work.