Two temperature sensors in the same heating circuit. Is it possible?

Options

Good morning,

I have bought a new starter Kit V3+. I had an old bridge and temperature sensor v2+.

I have replaced the old bridge by the new one.

As a consequence, many current Tado installation is:

• 1 bridge V3+
  • 1 wireless sensor V3+
  • 2 temperature sensors (one V3+ and one v2) connected to the same bridge. One sensor in a separate room.

My heating circuit is a single one with all radio intros connected to the same boiler.

Question: Is it possible to have two temperature sensors connected to the same bridge/wireless remote? Will the sensors give contradictory commands to the boiler? Is it possible have one dominant sensor and the other non-dominant?

Best regards,

Isidro

Best Answer

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Only you can know whether you want multiple smart thermostats. You seem to have them both connected. In the case of smart thermostats, either calling for heat would likely create a demand for heat to the boiler.

The only conditions are calling demand for heat and not calling a demand for heat. These are not contradictory as the boiler only hears when there is a demand.

How do you want the system to integrate a dominant and non-dominant smart thermostat?

Answers

• Sguk
    Options
    The previous commenter missed the point.

Two thermostats show the temperature for those rooms. If both are set to 18 for eg, either will trigger.
    The whole heating will come on.

Potentially the other room may then be too warm so you’ll need to set the tsv in that room to stop the rad coming on above 18.

I’ve found from experimenting that it works best with the cooler room as the first room in the app

Room 1 - dining (takes longer to heat)
    Tsv on max
    Stat on 18 or 19

Room 2 - lounge
    Tsv on 2.5 or 3
    stat on 19 or 20

If room 1 turns the heating on the Tsv in room 2 stops that room going too warm

No one has said this is the right way to do it but it’s just my way at the moment

My tsvs are Drayton tsv4 but sone of you may be using tado digital Tsv in which case things work a little differently