Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+

I would like to add to the Starter Kit, all of which is downstairs, and understand the temperature upstairs. The Tado Wireless Temperature Sensor sounds ideal, but it suggests this works in conjunction with the radiator thermostats (which I don't have yet). Would this sensor simply let me know the temperature upstairs?

Best Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It does seem to be a remote sensor for the TRV.

If you don't have the smart TRVs, what do you want to achieve? Do you just want to know what the upstairs temperature is or are you expecting Tado to act on it? Another smart thermostat would do the latter.

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are circumstances where people have more than one smart thermostat and these are zoned systems. If you have no zones and no smart TRVs I'd question the benefit.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@GrahameJackson I have 2 tado wall stats and they both work as measuring devices for a couple of tado TRVs each. I suspect for them to work in an environment of no tados, they would need to manage a circuit which opens/closes as necessary. That would mean a zone valve in operation?

Answers

• Ah, OK. So without the radiators, I would need the smart thermostat to action any heat requirement. Can you have two smart thermostats on the same system (ie. living room, stair landing)?