The Big Idea Archive

Comments

• Please bring back telephone support!! Two days ago, I posted a request for information, on the online chat, regarding adding a thermostat and three temperature sensors. I still have not had a reply. In fact, it is still marked as “Unseen”!

For such a well known brand, this level of customer support is dire!

Bring back the phone lines, so that old and new customers, can get fast answers!!
  • Air comfort keeps insisting the bedrooms are too cold even when they are 20°C which is above the Tado recommended maximum.

It assesses them as living rooms and expects living room temperatures.

It would be great to be able to label the rooms as bedrooms so that the correct temperatures are expected and Air Comfort can report more accurately.

• I didn't spot:

Reduce the comfort temperature range to 18-21°c

which would do the same job. Or preferably user assigned comfort temperatures as has been suggested.

Please ignore this request and upvote the other one.

• The only times I really need to use hot water are when I am in either the bathroom or kitchen, so was thinking that I might be a cool idea to be able to enable hot water vi a motion sensor.
  • Is that as a replacement for a tap?

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@shaunfink I am afraid I am with @Montage on this one. Do you have an unusual system perchance?

• @shaunfink : as opposed to setting a schedule?? 🤔..... or an Alexa routine ?? 🤔
  • I currently use schedules, but just think it's a cool idea to have motion sensors as well
  • @shaunfink...I agree that it would be " cool" but I feel that Tado should spend more time developing the more obvious customer requests..... imho
  • I have a room with 3 smart thermostats. Would be good to see an overview of the sensors and to see activity of each / temperature breakdown etc. thx
  • I logged a support ticket due to a timing issue with my smart TRVs, where the on/off schedule time was being impacted my the time zone of my app/phone.

Support confirmed that the system doesn’t take its time from a local time service based on the physical location - which I see as a problem when a Tado owner travels out of country and their heating starts/stops at odd times!

My request is to have the Tado system take its time from a time service and not the device running the Tado app.
  • It'd be good to be able to save schedules, (with a name), so it would be easy to change between them, as circumstances dictate

• Can you have a feature that simply open's the TVR but does NOT monitor the temperature.

Child lock setting on the TVR prevents the child from changing the temperature.

• adigraham
    adigraham
    edited February 2021

Hi,

We are lucky enough to have a large property and as I am working from home and my partner isn't it would be cool to have certain rooms heat up for myself (e.g bedroom and office) and bathroom and lounge for her.

Cheers

Adi

• Hi @adigraham,

This idea (or something very similar) has been requested by quite a lot of people previously.
    You should 'search' for other posts on this subject and " up vote" the already " active" request......
  • Hi @Thebluetick,

This idea (or something very similar) has been requested by quite a lot of people previously.
    You should 'search' for other posts on this subject and " up vote" the already " active" request......
  • Find a way to allow the kids to turn heating on, but set a max limit below 25.
  • A further thought, if you had the option for us to enter our gas bill data this would provide further information on energy efficiency. With smart meters this could even be automatic.
  • Thanks @GrayDav4276 , that is clearer.

I therefore do think it would be nice to be able to set periods where the radiator valve is just open, but not calling for heat whereas at other times it is calling for heat - think of it as a different type of time block in the schedule page.

• Yes, I have a holiday house. And I was thinking about fitting a full set of the smart AC controllers around 10 of them.
  • Sjoerd_nl_
    edited February 2021

Even my old "stupid" device could do this trick. Just bought a Tado, heavily disappointed it started heating my home in the middle of the night on full power, it should safe energy, not use more.

And as @FDDRnl said it's not should be too hard to calculate with a known average delta temp/minute from historic data (so at cold days you can start a bit earlier).

• Even my old "stupid" device could do this trick. Just bought a Tado, heavily disappointed it started heating my home in the middle of the night on full power, it should safe energy, not use more.

And as @FDDRnl said it's not should be too hard to calculate with a known average delta temp/minute from historic data (so at cold days you can start a bit earlier).

• This feature is already part of Auto-Assist under Boiler Monitoring.

• This is a very niche feature request.

I suggest you open a new feature request and name it something like:

"time based independent rooms".

I am closing this issue because the title is not representing your latest post. The title is something we recently introduced.

• Title is not clear enough to describe the feature. Closed topic.

• Title not clear enough to describe the feature. No upvotes.

• Title not clear enough.

• Not enough upvotes to keep open.

• @Tony_UK Thanks for your feedback. We do agree that the level of service over the past months has not been up to the standards where we want it to be. We are taking active measures to improve this in the future.

I will close this thread because I am doing a general cleanup of the ideation forum and this is not a product feature.

This discussion has been closed.