Change in Home Wifi Network

Hi, I have a home heating system comprising numerous smart radiator thermostats and a room thermostat.

I have recently changed my broadband provider and have had to change the wifi network password (the new router will not accept the old password). I cannot work out how to change the wifi network details within each device and don't really want to reset them all as it will take hours.

Thanks

Answers

• Hello ReubenP,

Our heating products won't use your wifi. The Internet Bridge connects to the router directly via Ethernet. You just need to connect it to the new router (make sure the new router has DHCP -dynamic IP- enabled and uses public DNS).

Best,

Germán

• Hi,

We're moving house and leaving the Tado system and internet bridge. The new owner will install a new router. Once they plug in the internet bridge will the system work for them. Do they need to update the router details with Tado or is it 'plug and play'. I will invite them to join our home and then leave.

• @Ian22 It will work with any router, but the new home owner needs to take control of your account before you remove your name from the system.

• I am changing my broadband supplier. Do I need to change anything on my WiFi connection? Or will my iPhone automatically update?

• As previously mentioned, Tado doesn't use your home WiFi. It has it's own network designed for low power consumption

You will need to connect to your new WiFi on your iPhone and any other WiFi devices at home. If you have a lot of devices to update, it's worthwhile setting the new router to have the same WiFi name and password as your old one then you don't need to update devices

• We replaced the BT router last week, where the internet dongle was plugged into one ethernet port and the usb for power. 20 minutes for the new EE router to do a firmware update. A few minutes to get all the apple iphones and ipads working with the new wifi. Tado was the simplest - plugged the dongle into the new EE router and 'hey presto' all working!

Sad to say it took a day to sort out the wifi connections for most of the other devices. The EV charger wifi and apple TV are still disconnected :( It may be easier to change the wifi password on the new router to the same password as your old router.

• Thanks all for your help