Strange multi-zone issue

Hi folks,

I'm having a very weird issue with my multi-zone setup. I previously had just a single Smart Thermostat controlling all my downstairs zone, and a wired stat to control everything upstairs.

Today, I replaced the wired stat upstairs with another Smart Thermostat controlling all the upstairs zone. However, now when I turn on the heating upstairs, the downstairs Smart Thermostat also triggers, resulting in the radiators in BOTH zones heating up.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Best Answer

• DarrenNI
    DarrenNI
    Answer ✓

Support sorted it all out for me and now everything is working as expected. I'm surprised they don't add something to the app to make this more self-service though.

Answers

• Also, am I correct in thinking I need to contact support to associate STRVs to a specific Smart Thermostat? That's just insane...

• Support have managed to sort out the initial issue - somehow the two Smart Thermostats were connected in a single heating circuit. Just a pity the app itself gives no indication of this, or any way to change it.

Going to get in touch with them about the STRV's tonight when I get home - they say they can resolve that also if they have the serial numbers (again though, why doesn't the app allow you to do this?)

• So, to be clear, you want to be able to have different temperatures in the three different rooms?

• I agree with the earlier comment that it should not be necessary to contact support to select what zone a given thermostat or smart radiator valve is associated with.

In fact, it should not be necessary to have an Internet connection or Tado°'s cloud even in existence to manage the system - it should all be locally manageable with an app or a local webserver.