Which Smart Home platform do you prefer?

MichaelMichael | Moderator

Which Smart Home platform do you prefer? 49 votes

Amazon Alexa
22%
HeatexpertBingstrollerRusselldamienjmIptsoespongyBenjietv_8Paolo64rkleiner0NeelytAndee 11 votes
Apple Homekit
36%
GermánFrankGertjelockwoodkobekesCharlieummarioJREiTaloTonyKJohnnyBigstreamDavydeVriesDirkDMitchKRichard_WCB83iMatu 18 votes
Google Home
34%
Techie93NicjohnburTorbenOLawtonCaillteMarschristian_terpJasonUKMiskurMawsenDitsyMaurixraysightJowie83ronwebberbobbywise 17 votes
Other
6%
mroelandtsDutchmanNLVic 3 votes

Comments

• Google Home

I am using Tado in combination with Google home and Smartthing / webcore

• Apple Homekit

I prefer HomeKit which I have voted for but I am also planning to implement Athom Homey and probably also Home Assistant. It would be great to see more support for these by Tado as well.

• Google Home

I am actively using Home Assistant and Node-Red for controlling Tado. It works pretty well but I would appreciate official API to be finally published.

• Amazon Alexa

I have tried repeatedly to set up Homekit with Tado, but Homekit doesn't recognise the Tado bridge. It works well with Alexa, so I'll have to stick with that.

• I have used Alexa and google, but I try and avoid using any manual controls. Better automation should mean I never need to manually control, via app or voice.