Setting Schedule in actual minutes...

Options

New user, installed today -

Is it possible to setting Schedules in actual minutes not 15 minute increments?

And, if not why not?

Thanks

SGC

Best Answers

• Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Michael.

Thank you. Support recommend the same thing and I have raised the topic.

Thanks again.

Answers

• Germán
    Options

Hello Nutter,

The Smart Schedule can be set in minimum periods of 15 minutes because the systems we are to control either in heating or cooling, will not make any impact in the temperature in less time than that (and only ACs will be really affecting so fast), so it wouldn't make sense to set the heating on for 9 minutes, as it won't be causing barely any effect.

With the 15 minutes minimum you can set up to 96 different time blocks in a day, if the case would be that something like that is required.

Best,

Germán

• Nutter
    Nutter ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options

Ok. My only problem with that is that my system needs to be on for 7 or 9 minutes.

It is a very large house with a boiler in the basement. The way it is wired the boiler and the pump come on together. Having it on for 9 minutes first thing in the morning heats the water up enough to get the thermal siphon going for hot water. 15 minutes is too long as the boiler thermostat cuts out after 8-9 minutes and then the pump moves the heat away.

Maybe you could re-look at this and leave it up to users to decide how to program schedules.

Thanks.

• Bridged
    Options
    My problem is hot water too. I don’t care if central heating timing is limited to 15 minute blocks but I need hot water to heat for 6-10 minutes in the morning and same again in the afternoon. Half an hours a day (2 x 15 min blocks) is simply wasteful
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    @Bridged
    Do you have Alexa in your house...?? 🤔
    If you do then you can set up an Alexa routine for exactly the length of time that you desire.....I use Alexa routines for all sorts of things..... hot water included.
  • Nutter
    Options

Is this Alexa controlling the Tado app or a smart socket connecting the central heating electrics?

• Nutter
    Options

As far as I can see, you can’t set Alexa to perform a routine automatically at a time. A Voice Input is required (?)

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Am Alexa voice command is a "trigger" for the Alexa Routine.....another "trigger" could be a time.....
  • Nutter
    Options

I got it working. Think the Alexa app was having a ‘moment’. Thanks.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    @Nutter
    You're welcome 👍
  • Nutter
    Options

I’m still experimenting but…

The Time Duration goes to 10 minutes and then the next is 15 minutes. Can set seconds to 55. Perfectly I need 11 mins what if I needed 13?

It has only been running for two days but I think it cut out after 9:30 minutes.

More testing needed.