Please increase the number of rows supported to 12 (or more)

In my home, which is not exactly a mansion, I have 11 separate 'rooms' each of which needs separate temperature control (each has its own heating source - a radiator - controlled by two). Unfortunately Tado only allows a maximium of 10 rooms currently and so I have had to combine two rooms into one 'composite room' with a smart thermostat as the measuring device. This provides less than ideal control for these two rooms.

I don't understand why there is a limit of 10 rooms; can you please increase the limit to at least 12.

Thanks.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@ChrisJ

How many rooms can I have in my tado° Home?

Written by tado°

Updated over a week ago

Besides the Internet Bridge, you can have a maximum of 25 heating devices in your tado° Home.

So, in theory, if you have one tado° heating device per room, you can have up to 25 heating rooms in your Home.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭

Sadly this isn't actually true. Yes you can have up to 25 devices but you are nonetheless limited to a maximum of 10 rooms. I already had this issue previously and it has just been (re)confirmed by Tado support. Hence my request to Tado to remove this rather silly limitation.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@what_a_tado It's weird. I searched to see if there were any existing requests for this(I searched for 'rooms') and it didn't;t seem to find the existing post, hence why I created a new one. Sigh!

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

There is a thread on here fairly recently where the OP has 16 rooms.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭

Okay, I should have been more specific. You can certainly create more than 10 rooms but the other rooms (>10) do not call for heat. They are basically only 'semi smart'.

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭

This isn't a solution to your problem. However, rather than combining a room wouldn't it better to keep the rooms that are least used as separate rooms (so they have their own schedule) but you set the "zone controller" to independent for the overage. This way with you having so many rooms, the TRV's do their job individually and you are not trying to blend two rooms with one temperature point?

With the amount of rooms you have it's unlikely that you'd see a massive discrepancy in temperature as it's highly likely another zone would be active somewhere else.

I have done this with mine (as previously I had most bedrooms as one room) as i didn't know about this option. Mine was more to stop the boilier cycling with such a low demand as a single room might only take 0.5kw-0.8kw of power, yet the boiler can only put out a minimum of 7kw without cycling.

• Ben_UK
    Ben_UK ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @ChrisJ
    You might want to change the word rows to rooms in the title :)
    I looked out of curiosity.. and agree with you.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭

@Ben_UK I would love to correct the title but so far I haven't found any way to edit it!

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭

@gary333 Yes, that is kind of a kludgy workaround. In my case the two rooms that are currently combined into one are semi-open plan (there is an archway between them. It's not ideal (one of them is the kitchen) but it is better than having one or more rooms operate independently (i.e. not call for heat). My wife and I are at home all day every day and most rooms are used fairly regularly. Anyway, if one pays all this money for a supposedly 'smart' system then it ought to allow you to have more than 10 'smart' rooms!