Hot water schedule

Dear New Ideas Team,

I operate a Tado system which incorporates a two channel receiver for separate hot water control.

I'm really pleased with the Tado and it works far better than a previous smart control system I had.

There is one feature I think would improve things for customers with a hot water tank however. I wondered if it might be possible to optionally allow the hot water schedule not to be controlled by the Home or Away feature. I use Home or Away quite a lot but I frequently find myself turning on the hot water manually before asking the system to return to the home setting.

It would be really convenient to allow the hot water schedule to continue operating whilst the rest of the system was in Away mode.

Perhaps I've missed something but I don't believe there's currently a way to do this without, as stated above, manually turning on the hot water.

I hope you will consider this suggestion.

Thanks and best wishes,

Hugh

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭

@hugbilly you can do this already.

If you select each time block on your hot water schedule, then click Advanced Settings, you can turn geofencing off for that time block. This means it won't change mode when you go away.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭

Dear cbd20,

Thank you so much, I wasn't aware of that setting,

Guess that makes my request redundant !

Best wishes and thanks again,

Hugh