Tado AC Control with Smart Radiator Thermostat and/or Wireless Temp Sensor

Gascal
Gascal

I have a room with Tado Radiator Thermostat and planning to install wireless temperature sensor also there. Soon we are also getting Mitsubishi AC unit for cooling purposes in the same room. How does the Tado AC Control work with the Wireless Temperature Sensor or the Smart Radiator Thermostat in one room? Can the Tado UC Control work as wireless temperature sensor and controller for the smart radiator? Does the Wireless Temperature Sensor work with Tado AC Unit?

Answers

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭

I don't know the answer, but I am planning something similar later this year so would be interested to know how Tado prevents the devices fighting with each other.

• So I'm using the AC controller (VC3+) in one room (which isn't heated) and room thermostats all over the house (7 zones) - Set up doesn't seem to offer any way of integrating the AC unit with anything else - it just stands alone.

I would like to know if any work is being done to improve this as I have just install AC in one room that is underfloor heated during winter and controlled by Tado Smart Thermostat. Do I really have to have a Smart Controller and an AC3+ in the room? Seems a bit balmy to me?

Looking forward to hearing about integrated solution!

• @gary333 i asked some time ago tado's staff, if AC controller v3+ can turn on AC unit in the same time when heating request is needed. Answer was no, AC v3+is only to turn on and off the AC unit (via internet). That's all!

I wish to work together with wireless thermostat and wireless sensor. When heating request is necessary, i would like that AC v3+ to turn on AC unit for heating too.

• Indeed, also here with my Daikin multisplit with 4 AC units combined with heating unit from Vaillant.

Tado smart controller for every room, AC smart controller for every room, extra temperature sensor for every room.

But no integration between AC and heating.

Even worse, smart AC controller can only be used for switching AC on and off. No temperature measuring.

So sad for Tado. Please find out solution.
  • @Binwaa, has anything changed since you last posted this?

I just got myself a Daikin multiplit with two AC units, and already have all of the rads in the house wired with Tado TRVs. I had my finger on the buy button for the smart AC controller, but I couldn't find that much info about it. Looks like Tado won't give me anything more than the Daikin ONECTA app apart from maybe geofencing and maybe weather compensation, although I can't even confirm that.