No Remote Access. Wifi + Error lights blinking on wireless receiver

Options

Hi,

Had tado installed on Tuesday. Working fine until a few hours ago, when 'No Remote Access' started showing in the app for all rooms. Three solid lights on bridge, router OK (restarted just in case), wifi fine to other sites from smartphone.

The wireless receiver linked to the boiler has the wifi and error lights on, which blink off briefly every 3-4 seconds. I cannot find this sequence anywhere in the Help. No chat until Monday.

Really not a great start to Tado. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Move your thermostat closer to the receiver. I think this error means the thermostat is out of range.

• kharper
    Options

Did you manage to resolve this Steveo? I also have the same problem. Have tried moving thermostat and receiver into same room - doesn’t help so I don’t think range is the problem.

• steveo
    Options
    Hi, yes. Support helped me out. It was a bit of a weird one - I had connected a couple of new Hue Play lights and support suggested that these were interfering with the Tado signal. They changed the channel that Tado was communicating over their end and it started working again. Here's a snippet from their email.
    Good luck! Steveo

Interference from the Hue system is the cause of the issues with tado°.
    The two systems share a radio frequency.
    Luckily, we can change the radio channel the Internet Bridge operates on, to try and avoid interference.
    I changed the channel, and it will take the devices up to 1 hour to reconnect to the Internet Bridge again.
  • MichielTado
    Options

Interesting, Philips Hue bridge uses ZigBee channels 11, 15, 20 and 25 which are all in the 2.4 GHz wifi range. And Tado bridge uses 868 MHz. They should not interfere.

• kharper
    Options

That is interesting. I also have a ring alarm installed which as far as I know, uses 868 MHz. So thats probably it. I have raised a ticket with Tado support and will suggest this to them when they reply. Thank you.

• kharper
    Options
    Thought I’d update this in case anyone else has the same problem. Tado have now changed the channel on my bridge but I’m still having the same issue - no remote access, wifi and error light blinking once every two seconds.

I’ve gone back to support so let’s see what they say next.
  • nate
    nate
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey, did you get anywhere with this? Having the same problem. All installed in October and it's worked flawlessly until now.

• MarkWilly
    Options

I have raised a ticket as my issue sounds the same as all this. Is there any update from anyone on it? Everything appears connected by my wireless receiver has this constant flashing yet it manually controls the heating no problem so all wiring seems ok.

Thanks, Mark