Suppress Open Window Notification if room already warm

I keep getting notifications of open windows asking if I want to turn the heating off in a room which is good.

However I keep getting them while the temperature of the room is already above what I had set.

This means that the heating in that should already be turned off.

Would it make sense to not send the notification if the required temperature has already been exceeded?

Richard

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    I might be wrong.....but, as far as I'm aware, Tado only sends 1 notification per activation, and does not send a notification at the end of this activation. Therefore, if you are receiving a "new" notification.....then it's because the time period for the original activation has elapsed (this time period is set by you in settings)....so a 2nd notification is for a 2nd activation.
    It should be noted that the notification shows in the App until the (activation) time period expires, and then it simply disappears.
  • @GrayDav4276 - the issue is that the room temp is already above what is set but it still sends me an alert.

Why do I need to know that there is a window open asking if I want to turn the heating off if the heating in the room is off?

During the summer I have to go round and turn all the open window notifications off to stop me getting alerts in the app etc.

R>

• @RipT
    Due to the way that the "Open Window" detection is activated....I only have it activated for 2 rooms in my house. I don't subscribe to the "Auto Assist" feature within Tado, and therefore I choose to react to the notification as I see fit at the time. Not a problem for me I must admit.