Smart AC devices down for 4+ days - no time for fix given by Tado

Ben_gb
Ben_gb
edited June 2022 in General Questions & Topics

I'm surprised this issue hasn't been discussed in this forum yet. Maybe people here are mostly users of the heating devices?

If you weren't aware, Smart AC devices have been offline since last Friday. They give the error E04 on the device display, and the app says "no remote access".

Tado have only given minimal updates, and no predicted time when this will be fixed. Apparently it's something to do with the cloud servers. They also claim it's something to do with installing the devices, but it is affecting many devices that have been installed and operating for many months.

After Tado's rejection of previous requests on here to have some kind of offline mode available for situations when the devices can't connect to the internet, this incident shows the risks of their "internet only" strategy. And it's especially damning when it is their own servers that are down for over 4 days so far, making the Tado devices a useless lump of plastic.

Many people will likely be looking for alternative options now, which aren't so completely reliant on being able to connect to the internet or one company's servers. I know that I am.

Answers

• I've had the same limp response. At least you've had an update. All I have got was

"Our developers are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

We will resolve the issue as soon as possible and contact you back as soon as the issue is solved."

• Actually I received the exact same message from support.

The extra info I got was from the status page which eventually was updated on Saturday, a day after the problem first appeared https://status.tado.com/

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭

Probably nothing has been done about it over the holiday weekend? Maybe today?

• Any updates? My tado is unresponsive, the app cannot find him and the touch is not working well. Also the device crashes frequently and i need do disconnect it form power and boot again.

Thanks!

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    For those with smart AC devices, I just had an email update saying it has been resolved. I don't personally have any AC devices so cannot confirm.
  • Germán
    Germán | Admin

Hi all,

The issue has been resolved by our developers.

If you're still experiencing some issue, please let our support team know.

Best regards,

Germán